Star Cross'd Destiny Forums
Star Cross'd Destiny Forums
April 12, 2011, 12:09:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Topic Tools  
April 03, 2011, 12:18:58 pm #0
Juno

Closing Shop

Hey guys - this place is getting overrun by spam and it's in need of so many updates.  I'm thinking of just closing this forum up since it's so behind on the latest trends and opening up a new one over on Absinthe Junk's site that will encompass the comics, the art, and the music.  Will give me a chance to clean up and tidy too.

How does everyone feel about that?

Let me know.

April 03, 2011, 01:48:02 pm #1
dark_arkangel

Re: Closing Shop

i don't know how to feel o_O but if its for good i got nothing to say but let's move to the other forum XD

you just fuck the wrong mexican

April 03, 2011, 09:17:13 pm #2
Photon440

What happened?  I had posted a lengthy paragraph here earlier today.  Now it is nowhere.

Well let me sum up what I remember writing the first time - Juno, it's your place and you know it better than we do.  While I'll miss the good memories of this place, the fact is that it isn't nearly as busy as it used to be, and if you want to condense everything to one site, why not?  Especially if it's going to make things easier on you.  We, who only get the enjoyment part of the forums without the hassle of running it, shouldn't complain about anything.  You're paying for it!

When you say "latest trends" are you talking of the content in the forum, or the software running it?  At the very least, you'll have an up to date membership list.  Funny, when I'm on "mypieceofjunk" and click "Forum", it brings me right here.

Nope, I had it worded much better the first time.  Smiley

-=Photon=-

Faster is Better

April 04, 2011, 12:01:47 pm #3
Juno

The software running it.  Dmizer used to have more time to help keep it updated but lately we just have been getting overrun with spam.  Yeah, and things like that - losing posts, trouble logging in - it's just getting a little aged and run down.  This forum will probably stay up but just not active so we can always come back and see things. 

At the end of the day, it's technical issues - this place is nearly 5 years old - 7 in some areas.  So while it may look like spring cleaning it's really just freshening up and making it easier for everyone.

Once it's up and running the MyPieceofJunk.com forum link will link to the new forum.  Smiley

April 04, 2011, 01:31:12 pm #4
Photon440

Thanks for clarifying how things run here.  So yeah, it makes total sense to just move on and update to the new site.  Looks like you have sort of made up your mind to do that, and I don't see anyone making a post here to complain about it.

You're right, it is seven years old in some areas.  I just checked my profile, and I'll have been here seven years next month.  Good times.  And I'll always have my SCD cd soundtrack...  Smiley

-=Photon=-

Faster is Better

April 04, 2011, 03:00:59 pm #5
dark_arkangel

waaa seven years thats a lot of tima and times goes really fast TT__TT well i gonna miss this place TT__TT buaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

you just fuck the wrong mexican

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

theme_by Webtechnica.net
MySQL PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.12 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC XHTML 1.0 CSS