Star Cross'd Destiny Forums
Star Cross'd Destiny Forums
April 16, 2011, 07:22:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Topic Tools  
January 30, 2010, 12:45:24 pm #0
Juno

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum

I wrote in an entry not too long ago that basically I couldn't hear the characters anymore. It's a really unsettling thing when (it's odd to say but) people that you've had with you for over ten years just disappear.  When I say I felt robbed I didn't really get to encompass that really I felt robbed and alone.  It's been months...

Yesterday at random, like a switch, something kicked back on. To say Juno and Shades were just there with me again sounds so weird and probably, unless you're a writer too, won't make any sense.  I had this instant urge to grab the laptop and the old manuscript and at the very least start with The Crossing, if I couldn't get started back where I was.

I can't say when.  I can't say how.  All I can say is that it's evident I will be working here somehow, someway again and a lot sooner than I anticipated.  I don't really want to draw but I have been.  I honestly would rather bring in someone else to do the penciling and I stick to doing what I enjoy- writing, inking and coloring.  But maybe in the novelesque format I can get away with doing less.

I didn't think I'd ever make this post - not in the next year... What a pleasant surprise.

January 30, 2010, 01:00:10 pm #1
Razii Jinx

Re: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum

Yay!

You had better! D:

January 30, 2010, 01:34:46 pm #2
Juno

XD I will.

I just gotta figure the logistics. It simply can't take as long as it used to - that's what it boils down to.  Think I'll boot up the old computer, print up the manuscript and see what starts cooking.  Hopefully we can run from two sections at once - the beginning won't change story-wise and that way we can continue from where we left off.

This is assuming it doesn't go silent again.

January 30, 2010, 01:49:00 pm #3
Shadowx

So glad to hear youve regained a little bit of your sanity(or are they part of the insanity......anywho). Good to hear you closer to who you were.

January 31, 2010, 07:26:06 am #4
Cerulean

Posts like these get me itching to dust of the muse. Good on ya. I wonder if you realize how special this place became to so many. I'm sorry to see it so quiet these days. Whatever else life brings, there is that. 

Shenanigans!

January 31, 2010, 03:13:00 pm #5
Juno

Shadowx - I'm pretty sure it's insanity. XD  People talking to you in your own head?  That can't be normal.  lol.

This place was a sanctuary for a lot folks and I've always been sorry to let it down.  I have always promised I'd do what it took to at least finish the story.  Hopefully now that will be easier.  Still a lot to figure out logistically but at least there's not a huge glaring roadblock in the way.

January 31, 2010, 04:46:10 pm #6
Aero

If you need me to do pencil work I'll be happy to help out Juno  -For absolutely NO cost whatsoever!

O.O  Congrats on hearing the characters again!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 04:52:19 pm by Aero »

Judge others not by preference, sex or the color of their skin; but by the contents of their trench coat -- Aero

February 10, 2010, 10:20:04 pm #7
Mari

You can do it! 
What a great several weeks this has been for New Orleans!

Saints win the superbowl AND SCD comes back!

>does a second line
If there's anything I can do to support, as always, let me know!

手考足思
   1961年、河井寛次郎

February 12, 2010, 04:51:03 am #8
WaiWaiWario

Quote from: Juno on January 31, 2010, 03:13:00 pm
Shadowx - I'm pretty sure it's insanity. XD  People talking to you in your own head?  That can't be normal.  lol.

Maybe not normal, but that doesn't mean somethings busted. Could be drugs. Maybe took a few too many Benadryl. You don't need to spend a few hundred dollars to make your brain go bat shit crazy for a few hours.

Quote from: Juno on January 31, 2010, 03:13:00 pm
This place was a sanctuary for a lot folks and I've always been sorry to let it down.  I have always promised I'd do what it took to at least finish the story.  Hopefully now that will be easier.  Still a lot to figure out logistically but at least there's not a huge glaring roadblock in the way.

Let it down? Who is it? Us? Shit, we can wait however long it takes. We seem to be a real patient bunch. I suppose if people do get impatient you can just dress up Baldy in a suit and give him a pair of sunglasses. Send him over to tell people about how fine looking that cat is they have there and how it'd be a shame if anything happened to it.

Tape recorder might help. You may forget something by the time you get around to trying to write it down.

[07:38:34pm 02/27] I'm talking about a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpetting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Capital R"
[07:39:05pm 02/27] That's how huge and shiny this R is

March 23, 2010, 04:01:00 pm #9
dark_arkangel

like juno saids is sad that this forumhad lost is magic i like a lot this place (sadly i had to go away for a while TT__TT sorry for that) but i think that star cross destiny (sorry again i like a lo the firt name) is a great comic i mean ihad great time reading the comic, talking with a lot of people, getting better in draw seeing the evolution of many people here included my self and i must admit to know one of my fav artist like junothat became an inspiration to my in bad time and good ones i learn a lot not only of she i learn a lot of the people around here but i hope that this project one day rebornsand i hope to be part of it i sum to mari if tou need anything just call kiddo

dark_arkangel (dave)

you just fuck the wrong mexican

April 08, 2010, 01:24:52 pm #10
Juno

Check the main page. Smiley

On a sidenote- looks like our website is in some interesting disrepair.  The dropdown's all jacked up.  :/  I got more work ahead of me than I planned.  Bah.

April 13, 2010, 12:14:41 pm #11
dark_arkangel

wahhhhh the comic reappered great kool kiddo hehehe by the way i love the newest draw

you just fuck the wrong mexican

May 04, 2010, 11:06:43 pm #12
Bev

I am officially farking excited!!! Welcome back to the land of comic-dom Junes!!!

Now I just have to follow your lead and pick up a pencil again...

STUFF!!!!

November 08, 2010, 12:27:08 pm #13
Photon440

"Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."

Heh, I think this topic will do.  Glad to see the forum up and working again.  I have no idea how RagnaRick managed to post anything on Nov. 4 because it wasn't working for me!

And great job on the latest drawing!  Sort of a dejected looking pair, good atmosphere.  I see the title Dragonflies in Hurricanes at the top, is that the theme music that goes with this frame?

-=Photon=-

Faster is Better

November 09, 2010, 01:57:17 pm #14
Juno

Ha - I've never seen the "Unless you're sure..." line before!  That's hilarious!

Thanks man!  The Dragonflies lyrics definitely go with this drawing and a lot of SCD - it was written from either Shades' or Pike's point of view.  I don't think the music per say goes with the sadness of the drawing - it's, for being such a sad song, a in a pretty major key.  But yeah, you get the idea.  Cheesy

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

theme_by Webtechnica.net
MySQL PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.12 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC XHTML 1.0 CSS