Star Cross'd Destiny Forums
Star Cross'd Destiny Forums
April 10, 2010, 10:37:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Topic Tools  
September 15, 2009, 03:23:51 am #0
Photon440

Car Shows

Around here, there seems to be car shows going on all of the time.  But I usually wait for the big one (around here it's big, anyway) so last Saturday my son and I spent several hours walking around the Langley Good Times Cruise-In.  Basically, they just shut down several square city blocks and fill it with cars.  There were about 2000 on display this year.

And was I walking around wearing my Absinthe Junk T-shirt?  Of course I was!

Here's a link, with some pictures of this year's and previous events:
http://www.langleycruise-in.com/home.html

No need for me to say more, you can check things out for yourself! Smiley

-=Photon440=-

Faster is Better

January 21, 2010, 12:06:00 pm #1
dmizer

Re: Car Shows

i'll be headed to the tokyo auto show this year Smiley

edit:
oh yeah ... the langly cruise in. i've been to that one once. unbelievably awesome.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 12:10:28 pm by dmizer »

You're like a fountain of information that noone cares to know. XP

January 24, 2010, 02:51:35 am #2
Photon440

Quote from: dmizer on January 21, 2010, 12:06:00 pm
i'll be headed to the tokyo auto show this year Smiley

edit:
oh yeah ... the langly cruise in. i've been to that one once. unbelievably awesome.

You were in Langley?  That's just...unbelievable!  Wow, we could have passed each other without realizing the link to slotted spoon records.  What year was it that you were there?

-=Photon=-

Faster is Better

January 24, 2010, 09:11:18 pm #3
dmizer

Can't remember exactly, but i think it was either 2003 or 2004. My brother had an internship up near Seattle and heard about the show, so we went together. Had an absolute blast, as our whole family is in love with those old cars. I thought my brother had pics posted online, but apparently not.

I believe that was actually pre-SCD days.

You're like a fountain of information that noone cares to know. XP

January 25, 2010, 03:09:00 am #4
Photon440

I'm glad you decided to cross the border to check it out, and that you enjoyed the cars.  Yep, I would have been there those years, I rarely miss it.  If I do, it's something unavoidable, like work.

Those years should have pictures in the archives of the link in the first post, let me know if you see yourself in any of the shots Smiley

-=Photon=-

Faster is Better

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

theme_by Webtechnica.net
MySQL PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC XHTML 1.0 CSS