Star Cross'd Destiny Forums
Star Cross'd Destiny Forums
March 25, 2011, 04:18:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Topic Tools  
July 26, 2009, 05:09:27 pm #0
Juno

Redesigns, Redux, Recovering

So if you head over to https://starcrossd.net you'll notice things have changed. Trying out a new concept with this that will hopefully work better than trying to squeeze 30hrs a week into time that doesn't exist (let's do the timewarp again!).

Let me know what you guys think.  Smiley  I'm looking forward to it honestly.

August 03, 2009, 12:39:57 am #1
Photon440

Re: Redesigns, Redux, Recovering

You wanna know what I think?  Really?  Okay...I'll tell you.

I've been on the SCD forum for over five years, watching time after time as your genius style of writing and drawing are interspersed with disasters with cars, personal problems, and money woes.

So I say, you're doing exactly the right thing.  Taking time for a deep breath, sorting out priorities, and performing a sort of comic triage to save the important stuff.  None of us want to see you crash and burn (that's for hard drives, apparently) and we appreciate that you're committed to finishing the story.

Take lots of time off.  Who needs to try to do this stuff when it's summer hot out?  Your band seems to give you a lot of pleasure, and you don't need the additional pressure of SCD while you're playing

It seems as though the forum activity has slacked off lately, but that too will pick up again when summer's over.  Hasn't it in the past? Smiley

Y'know what...I don't have an extra 30 hours a week either.  There's always something else ahead of what you'd rather be working on.  Thanks for sharing your ideas with us, and I hope it works out as you hope.

-=Photon=-

Faster is Better

August 05, 2009, 01:11:36 am #2
Juno

I think this has definitely been the right idea - while I wish I had the skill to just pump out pages like a machine I do think something would get lost.  I'm very inspired by the new idea of going back to the story's roots - going back to what's important.  Hopefully I can still tell a good story the old fashioned way. Otherwise, we're doomed!

August 05, 2009, 01:42:20 am #3
Photon440

As long as your SCD-OST is playing in the background while you draw, how could you go wrong? Smiley

-=Photon=- 

Faster is Better

August 05, 2009, 04:53:16 pm #4
Juno

The scary thing?  I keep thinking I'm finished writing music for a while - I'm working on OST Beta right now.  XD  Lux Cecis and Living Ghosts are the first two for it.  Only 8-10 more to go.  XD   I think an Absinthe Junk tune might end up on there as well this go 'round.  Dragonflies in Hurricanes was written for Juno after all.  Smiley

August 09, 2009, 02:39:25 pm #5
Photon440

I'll bet that every artist thinks they're done writing at one time or another.

Since the OST works are, after all, soundtracks, we need to know which song goes where!  Next time you put up a new page, you'll have to note that "song #X goes to this page".  Or, go back to edit previous pages and put up the same note,  Smiley

When you say "an Absinthe Junk tune might end up on there as well" do you mean the same recording, or the same song that's been redone for the OST version?  I always like hearing different versions of the same song.  I think it's a good idea - you could mention in the liner notes that the other version is available if people want to order the other disc.

Any thoughts on including a video clip on the cd like other artists have done in the past?  I think it would be just great to see Absinthe Junk playing a song live on the disc, since I can't go see you guys in person!  Plus, it would give you an extra track - the live version of a studio song.  I remember way back in the 90's when I popped Fiona Apple's first disc into the computer, and found out that Hey, there's a video in here! 

Therein endeth the comments for today's session.  Have a fine day!

-=Photon=-

Faster is Better

August 09, 2009, 10:04:26 pm #6
Juno

We actually are really trying to do our Assassin (Someday) music video to include on the record.  I don't know if we could do a live video since we'd have to hire more than one camera to shoot it.  Plus get a mix down from the board.  The venues we're playing these days are definitely capable but the mixing thereof is always challenging.  The label probably wouldn't support it.

As far as SCD OST goes - Dragonflies on the OST would probably be acoustic.  I have a beautiful version in my head for SCD that I'm going to record just for the OST when I get the time (and the money).  Living Ghosts will end up on there but I don't think it'll go into any other alterations.  Otherwise, dunno!  That project is definitely still in the concept phases.

Since the OST works are, after all, soundtracks, we need to know which song goes where!  Next time you put up a new page, you'll have to note that "song #X goes to this page".  Or, go back to edit previous pages and put up the same note, 

I'm definitely going to do this with The Crossing.  I've already added "notes" onto the songs themselves but you can't see them in the player - which isn't very helpful.  So I'll work on another idea as the prologue wraps up.

August 12, 2009, 03:40:07 pm #7
dark_arkangel

honestly i like a lot the new image but i must addmit that i miss the old one

you just fuck the wrong mexican

August 12, 2009, 11:10:29 pm #8
Juno

We all do... trust me...

August 13, 2009, 05:32:24 pm #9
dark_arkangel

thats for sure, but im wandering what comes next how going to change the comic form the original ver lol mgmgmgmg

you just fuck the wrong mexican

August 17, 2009, 01:56:34 pm #10
Oscuro

If you're pissed about it, then YOU can piss off.

Awesome!

Do whatever you need to do. My views have not changed in over 4 years, when I first joined this forum. When I first made this post:
https://starcrossd.net/forums/index.php?topic=3351.msg57264#msg57264

For over these 4 years, I've kept SXD in my book marks list, it'll stay there until:

A: The apocalypse comes and destroys my computer
B: The apocalypse comes and destroys your computers, taking this domain with it.

Until A or B happens, I will keep coming back at random intervals to see if anything new is up.

Juno, I love the story and will continue to read it/view it and appreciate it in whatever form it takes.

August 17, 2009, 05:04:02 pm #11
Juno

*hugs for Oscuro!*

Thanks man.  Smiley

Page 3 up!

Really need to fix the FTP on my computer.

August 25, 2009, 04:15:48 pm #12
Zerasu

I'm loving the new design. And the whole graphic novel thing makes me all excited :] Hoping for the best on this new project. No more bad luck! We'll just... blow it away with loads of Juno sparkles or something. <_>

March 24, 2011, 01:08:17 am #13
jocas

I'm loving the new design.very user friendly!!!

easy recipes

chicken recipes

soup recipes

punch recipes

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

theme_by Webtechnica.net
MySQL PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.12 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC XHTML 1.0 CSS