Star Cross'd Destiny Forums
Star Cross'd Destiny Forums
May 29, 2011, 08:21:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Topic Tools  
August 05, 2008, 01:25:53 pm #0
icy dragon

Stephenie Meyer

Just a topic to discuss the books which have emerged from the amazing mind of Stephenie Meyer.

Twilight series
1. Twilight
2. New Moon
3. Eclipse
4. Breaking Dawn

Other
1. The Host

So...where to start, with her first book, Twilight> Well I don't really want to say much and I;m too lazy to go to Wikipedia and copy/paste from there so....go read it. If you like Romance, its a book for you...if you like vampires or werewolves...or both, its a definate book for you...if you hate everything I just listed...I don't care, go and read it.

Next up to the podium we have New Moon, the Second book in the Twilight Series, again I'm, not going to say anything because I know if I start I WILL spoil it.

Thirdly we have Eclipse, third in the Twilight Series. Same Rules apply to NM and T, I ain't saying anything, if you want to know what it's about use the tinternet.

Now we shift geard to The Host. Its a brilliant Novel (like all her others) but it has an amazing twist, its not about vampires or werewolves, but something else intirely different. So, again I say its a good read.

Lastly we Move back into the Twilight lane, with Breaking Dawn (which was out 2nd Aug for you Americans and 4th Aug for us Brits) I havn't finished reading this yet, I;m about.....I duno nearly half way through and its amazing, I love it so much. CheesySo, same as I said with teh other books...I'm not going to spoil it and I personally think it's a great book for y'all to read.

So..

Discuss

Live life to the fullest. Then die in a blaze of glory. Everyone is equal in death.
Follow me on Twitter

September 04, 2008, 07:42:36 pm #1
zizi

Re: Stephenie Meyer

i've been seeing these books everywhere I go, even in Walmart. Is it really that amazing because I might just have to add to the 'books I must read before the year ends' list.

April 20, 2011, 10:46:24 pm #2
emperor Zkye

well I have read all of these books..... twilight was nicely written and I thought of it as ok... the other three of the series seemed rushed and made it easy for me to make fun of.... it's truly a very girly book and has very nearly ruined the true vampire and werewolf for us all..... and a comment on the Host is totally different... I loved this book It is amazing it is in my top books and I would recomend this to anyone accept for children or elders.... but yeah she's a good writer but I think she should have taken her time. and not ruin vampires for generations to come. that's all.

"It was Christianity which first painted the devil on the worlds wall; It was Christianity which first brought sin into the world. Belief in the cure which it offered has now been shaken to it's deepest roots; but belief in the sickness which it taught and propagated continues to exist'."

April 26, 2011, 07:31:35 pm #3
dark_arkangel

i hate stephenia meyer she destroyed the vampires werewolves and very rich mithology and became it a cheap magazine for teens needed of love thats book are a lot of crap

you just fuck the wrong mexican

April 26, 2011, 08:58:08 pm #4
emperor Zkye

I'm sure that if you read the host you will change your mind about the author..... but I do agree with your view on the twilight series. People find it odd that I actually read the books, all of them, me being a male..... buut something I stand by is that, to understand something you must experience it first hand. So unless you have actually read the books I don't find it right to make fun or hate them, even if I do.

"It was Christianity which first painted the devil on the worlds wall; It was Christianity which first brought sin into the world. Belief in the cure which it offered has now been shaken to it's deepest roots; but belief in the sickness which it taught and propagated continues to exist'."

April 27, 2011, 08:03:18 pm #5
dark_arkangel

Quote from: emperor Zkye on April 26, 2011, 08:58:08 pm
I'm sure that if you read the host you will change your mind about the author..... but I do agree with your view on the twilight series. People find it odd that I actually read the books, all of them, me being a male..... buut something I stand by is that, to understand something you must experience it first hand. So unless you have actually read the books I don't find it right to make fun or hate them, even if I do.

well i dont finish reading the first book a friend lend it to me and i returned when i read the first 20 pages honestly is a cheap book i dont like it

you just fuck the wrong mexican

April 27, 2011, 10:28:14 pm #6
Knave

Quote from: emperor Zkye on April 20, 2011, 10:46:24 pm
well I have read all of these books..... twilight was nicely written and I thought of it as ok... the other three of the series seemed rushed and made it easy for me to make fun of.... it's truly a very girly book and has very nearly ruined the true vampire and werewolf for us all..... and a comment on the Host is totally different... I loved this book It is amazing it is in my top books and I would recomend this to anyone accept for children or elders.... but yeah she's a good writer but I think she should have taken her time. and not ruin vampires for generations to come. that's all.

Considering the number of different vampire or vampiric mythologies and legends in existence, from ancient cultures to modern day mainstream creations, you can't really ruin vampires as a whole. The Meyers Vampire certainly appeals to many people, as does the Meyers Werewolf, but it is simply a different interpretation of the vampire myth. Personally, I don't agree with her representation myself, with either vampires or werewolves. Sometimes sequels will seem rushed if written in a certain format - one that assumes the reader has read the previous book(s). Those types of sequels simply build off of the preceeding book(s), using them as a springboard to the next springboard.

"True leaders do not follow the paths of others; they make their own."

April 27, 2011, 11:05:23 pm #7
emperor Zkye

Your right knave.... but I think It has seriously left a serious skid mark on the underpants of society.

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

theme_by Webtechnica.net
MySQL PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.12 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC XHTML 1.0 CSS