Star Cross'd Destiny Forums
Star Cross'd Destiny Forums
March 20, 2011, 09:20:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Topic Tools  
July 23, 2008, 07:20:38 am #0
ChaosIGuess

Smaller pistons

Anybody here ride, as opposed to drive? Just on the off-chance.

Until recently I rode a Honda NSR 250. Don't let the 250cc lead you wrong. It may be just a quater-horse, but it gallops like it's tail is on fire. Can't ride anything more sizeable until I get onto my full bike lisense -here in NZ we're restricted to 0.25L through the L plate and restricted lisense. It blows, and isn't really well thought out cos a 250 2-stroke actually goes as well as a 500 4-stroke just on the stroker making power every revolution and the 4 making it every second. Plus the NSR is about as good as you can get for a 250, 2-stroke or otherwise. Tried to get it insured, proud to say they didn't want to hear about it. Uphill into a headwind and this thing just takes off like, wow.

Now I'm riding an ACC, after an off cambre corner with the tiniest bump took me down those few pegs. Now it's late night and I'm miserable thinking about how everything that I love and is mechanical is dying around me. Can't help but think it's all my fault. Still, NSR is on the mend. It'll be making angry, scarey little high-pitched noises a couple weeks before I'm fully recovered if all goes well. And look better than it has in a long time.

So any riders here? What is it you ride? And what's your dream bike?

Mine is a VFR 800 as a realistic, sweet looking, well built dream-bike. Honda NSR 500 as an unrealistic, garunteed 300KmPerHourPlus, suicide by V4 dream-bike. Probably actually want both. One for crusiing and fun. The other for annihilating everything on any given piece of road between myself and where I'm going, inclusive.

It's true. An ass, no matter how far it may travel can never return to you as a horse.
Find your own truth in life, but don't waste the time you have to look for truth.

August 03, 2008, 06:51:30 am #1
dmizer

Re: Smaller pistons

i spent 2 years touring the U.S. on this sweet ride.  1971 CB500:

some drunk dolt pulled out in front of me and i t-boned him.  totaled the bike.

this has to have been my favorite bike.  1975 CB750:

i bought it for about $100 U.S. and fixed her up.  rode that bike everywhere.

this was my most recent ride.  1978 yamaha xs750 tripple:

was a very dependable, strong bike.  didn't even flinch to take me up to 180mph. but i hated the thing.  there was something about the ride quality that i really didn't like, but i never could put my finger on it.

now i work for yamaha, writing service manuals for their new motorcycles here in japan.  i get to take apart, and test ride their new prototypes.  can you say ... dream job ...

You're like a fountain of information that noone cares to know. XP

March 02, 2011, 04:20:32 am #2
Photon440

Re: Smaller pistons

Quote from: dmizer on August 03, 2008, 06:51:30 am
i spent 2 years touring the U.S. on this sweet ride.  1971 CB500:

some drunk dolt pulled out in front of me and i t-boned him.  totaled the bike.

this has to have been my favorite bike.  1975 CB750:

i bought it for about $100 U.S. and fixed her up.  rode that bike everywhere.

this was my most recent ride.  1978 yamaha xs750 tripple:

was a very dependable, strong bike.  didn't even flinch to take me up to 180mph. but i hated the thing.  there was something about the ride quality that i really didn't like, but i never could put my finger on it.

now i work for yamaha, writing service manuals for their new motorcycles here in japan.  i get to take apart, and test ride their new prototypes.  can you say ... dream job ...

I COULD say "dream job", but instead I'll merely ask for a descriptive impression on some of the rides you've tested that we may never get to know about.

Link to pictures would be welcome!

-=Photon=-

Faster is Better

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

theme_by Webtechnica.net
MySQL PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.12 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC XHTML 1.0 CSS