Star Cross'd Destiny Community
July 31, 2008, 01:06:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: VOTE For the WIN!!  Updates daily!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any good Marvel comics?  (Read 197 times)
The_Yam
tourist

Any good Marvel comics?
« on: July 12, 2008, 11:46:52 PM »

Well I had a subscription to Wolverine: Origins, but the subscription has now expired.  So I'm just wondering (before I resubscribe) if there's any other good Marvel titles out there worth subscribing to?  I'm a bit of a comics noob and I'm open to any suggestions Smiley

----------------
Now playing: Dead Inside the Chrysalis - Release your freak (remix)
via FoxyTunes

Juno
ragin' cagun sparkplug!
Administrator
scd cult

da starcross'd destinies you sweep under your feet

Re: Any good Marvel comics?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 04:10:29 AM »

oh holy crap!

Ultimate X-men has gotten out of a serious rut drawing and story-wise so now would be a fantastic time to pick that up.  Ultimates 3 is looking pretty good but I need to catch up on the whole series.  Man, I could go on forever... I'll probably be back with more recommendations after I've had some sleep. Smiley

The_Yam
tourist

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 09:02:40 AM »

Oooh nice!

I have already subscribed to Runaways (old sub) and Thor, but I'm looking for maybe one more title while it's still cheap (great exchange rate right now!)

The Destroyer
Sailing the Cyber Seas.
Administrator
scd cult

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 12:17:26 PM »

I have so many from so many different  lines it's a wonder I have any money left over at all.  I never could get into some of the unending storylines, I was/am/have been pleasantly happy with Iron Man V4 and I've always enjoyed She-Hulk as one of my stranger comic-likes.  FF4 is too long for me, but aside from that I just noticed the other 2/3rds of my collection is DC.  If you'd like suggestions from there and TopCow as well I've got some I'm fond of.

Like a bad case of Norwegian Wood.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!""
The_Yam
tourist

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 04:34:59 AM »

I'm probably going up to the comic shop on Sunday, so suggestions are very welcome Cheesy

(I've read the last three issues of the Darkness, and found them to be quite good)

Desperado
cajun mafia

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 04:10:52 PM »

I really liked Silver Surfer Requiem, it's about the Silver Surfer's last days of living but I cant remember a lot of Marvel Comics that I read a long time ago.

The Destroyer
Sailing the Cyber Seas.
Administrator
scd cult

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 06:36:12 PM »

I mostly read Witchblade from TopCow, I couldn't keep up with Darkness at the time.  I'm kinda hoping they don't let the Angelus pilot they did fall.  It was certainly interesting.  I should ask the artist what they're doing with that come to think of it....

If you like witty(or not so witty) banter during battles, you'll enjoy Deadpool, though I don't recall if there's a current run of him going.  I don't always keep up with what's in print atm, I get a lot of comics from garage sales and stuff.

I always enjoy Star Wars, and Legacy and Knights of the Old Republic have been enjoyable, but they're by Dark Horse.  The World of Warcraft comic was pretty good, if you're familiar with the game there's lots of simple chuckles you get out of that.  It's still running.

Batgirl(Cassandra Cain) was good, and after the whole "Batman and the Outsiders" thing, they've started her up again.  First issue just came out, get on the bandwagon quick if you wanna start from the beginning.  I enjoy Supergirl for all the obvious eye-candy reasons and the fact that it's not on it's 800th whatever issue like old Supes.  It's not bad as a comic and it's new enough to not have a million crossovers.

yeah, that's all that comes to mind at the moment of what I like trying to keep up with.  *LeSigh* Marvel, if you didn't have a crossover every other issue I might love your more.

Like a bad case of Norwegian Wood.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!""
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.5 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS