Star Cross'd Destiny Community
April 18, 2008, 04:09:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: VOTE For the WIN!!  Updates daily!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I first piece of real completed art in about 2 years...  (Read 153 times)
koiyuki
scd cult

I first piece of real completed art in about 2 years...
« on: April 04, 2008, 07:48:55 PM »

...and I must say, I'm quite happy with it. See if you can tell which style of art I studied for hours on end before drawing this piece.

http://koiyuki.deviantart.com/art/Punchy-Princess-81551808

(link because picture is huge like Xbox)

"People are like snowflakes, were all unique, but at the core, were all the same..."

Amy
Global Moderator
n'awlins local

Re: I first piece of real completed art in about 2 years...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 02:35:55 PM »

See if you can tell which style of art I studied for hours on end before drawing this piece.
I admit that I read the description at dA ^^;. But the first  thought that came to my mind was - hmm, Hello Kitty style, maybe? Yet I don't know what exactly the Sanrio art style is. Anyway, it's cool that you took the time to study it.  Using references for a picture is good. And It's great to see new art from you, Koiyuki  Cheesy! It's been quite a while so I hope to see more new art from you soon. The princess is cute so keep it up!

koiyuki
scd cult

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 11:30:01 PM »

Thank you Amy, I hope with further study to improve my technique and try my hand at other styles of art. If you see other Sanrio products, you'll notice each product has a certain cuteness to it, along with a high cuddle factor. Before I took my extended art break I was trying to figure out the best way to show different angles of light. Any resources that would help me in that area would be appreciated.

"People are like snowflakes, were all unique, but at the core, were all the same..."

sludger
Global Moderator
scd cult

Bringing Nerdy Back

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 08:34:30 PM »

Looks good. :] I got hello kitty, but didnt really piece it that way until it was said.

Btw, your reference is outdated. PS3 is bigger than the xbox and xbox360 haha.

Summon in Thunder: Epic Sci-Fi Webcomic
koiyuki
scd cult

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 05:58:10 AM »

Quote from: sludger on April 10, 2008, 08:34:30 PM
Looks good. :] I got hello kitty, but didnt really piece it that way until it was said.

Btw, your reference is outdated. PS3 is bigger than the xbox and xbox360 haha.

For it to be PS3 sized, it would need to take 3 screens to properly display it. I doubt anyone's made something that large yet(at least for non commercial purposes).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS