Star Cross'd Destiny Community
March 23, 2008, 10:49:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: VOTE For the WIN!!  Updates daily!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Art  (Read 136 times)
Amy
Global Moderator
n'awlins local

Art
« on: February 27, 2008, 04:24:48 PM »

I should be learning right now... I really should. But I should be more active as well. So, I shall post some new art Cheesy.
Okay, some pics are from 07 but I haven't posted them so far.
The newest picture: Does anyone of you remember this drawing http://mirleanda.deviantart.com/art/Die-Strasse-der-Toten-colored-29662911? If yes, yay for you Cheesy! I wanted to achive a similar atmosphere. It didn't turn out the way I wanted it to be but I'm very fond of the perspective. And I drew a backround Cheesy.

Older stuff.

Lanterns!

ghosts ^_^!, This is actually quite new.

I'd love to get comments and/or critiques. I want to hear what you think.

sludger
Global Moderator
scd cult

Bringing Nerdy Back

Re: Art
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 06:23:53 PM »

Really surreal, I love the heavy lines on the first ones, but the soft at the end is really interesting as well.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." -Ghandi
Amy
Global Moderator
n'awlins local

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 12:25:39 PM »

Thank you Smiley!

Nephtys
Love cake
Administrator
scd cult

Keeper of Sacred Words' little brother: w00t

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 12:31:35 PM »

I love the posture of the woman in the last one. Even though we can't see her face, the way she holds herself conveys her fright quite well. Lovely done!

I like all that spooky stuff. Smiley

Locution E-Zine & Forums
Juno
ragin' cagun sparkplug!
Administrator
scd cult

da starcross'd destinies you sweep under your feet

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 12:14:28 AM »

I'm always so impressed with how realistic your style is and how it trends to this sort of creepy victorian feel.  It's so fitting.  I especially like the image with the ghosts.

Aero
n'awlins local

Vega's ciggarete supplier....

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 02:27:06 AM »

Personally I'm always in love with creative work.  Especially about bodies of water.. The selkie, pookah and Kelpie are three water beasts that haunt oceans, rivers, and lakes.  Your work has such a whimsical yet mournful appeal. I really like the sense of depth and movement. I also notice you stick to a color scheme for each drawing. Very classy ^_^ Keep up the great work!

Goodwish/badwish game

Aero: I wish I could meet Vega in person ^_^
Tyrone: granted!  he shows at your door with a cake.

Wow! Sure are nice people in teh world ^_^
Amy
Global Moderator
n'awlins local

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 04:39:53 AM »

Nephtys: Thanks! I can't get enough of all that spooky stuff. I'm glad that you like it as well Smiley.

Juno: Thank you! It's still not as realistic as I want it to be but then again I'd never finish a picture. I love pictures with a creepy victorian atmosphere. Alas, most are full of cliches.

Aero: Thank you for your comment, Aero. It's cool that you noticed the different color schemes. I tend to use brown and grey tones far too often so I have to force myself to try out new colors. I see that you are better informed than me about ghosts and water. I'm in a hurry so I can't google selkie, pookah and Kelpie but I will when I have the time. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS