Star Cross'd Destiny Community
March 23, 2008, 08:27:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: VOTE For the WIN!!  Updates daily!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idiocy and You - A Thread To Bitch  (Read 542 times)
Juno
ragin' cagun sparkplug!
Administrator
scd cult

da starcross'd destinies you sweep under your feet

Re: Idiocy and You - A Thread To Bitch
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 11:31:05 AM »

Man I was talking about like in the hall or something - you could always censor his face. 

humble scuba
Avian Envy
Global Moderator
scd cult

The Cap Gun Cowboy Strikes Again!

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 01:56:15 PM »

Lol,  I thought of that too, I just wanted to make sure he was aware.

Quote from: Ki-chan on January 08, 2008, 03:24:05 PM
You're distant from me
but still I feel your warm heart
beating close to me.
Silverain
bourbon st drunk

wide-eyed mystified

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 04:01:01 PM »

Now I wanna see what Mr. Simon whats-his-face of Fashion actually dresses like.  Does he wear tweed jackets?

Pancake Ninja
*Candidate for GNTP President*
Sleeper
Tortilla cheesemelt emperor
cajun mafia

Nice smile, right?

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 08:12:45 PM »

no tweed jackets, but odd looking anyways. and censoring the face? 90% of his freakishness comes from it, with that stupid bald spot on top that glares at anybody taller than 5'5".

Only when you are able to win a staring contest with someone's picture will you receive my respect.
Miles_2397
bourbon st drunk

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 05:24:48 PM »

I want to see this person too....

Ok.. I have a rant.

I work in a Callcenter (That pretends NOT to be one!) and we deal with people who're Remortgaging (Fun considering the current economical crisis, but anyway..)

You'd think that considering you are securing a loan or mortgage against your HOME, that you would take the time to actually READ the stuff you recieve?

No. Not the people we deal with. Many are young professionals (Apparently)

They query things that we cover in the documents we send, and asked simple questions.. examples below:

(Borrower) "You never mentioned that we have to pay TT (Telegraphic Transfer) fees!" ...
(me) *Sigh* "Please look at page 2 of the initial introduction letter, the section titled 'FEES'." 
(Borrower) "... But you never TOLD me this!"
*Thud* *Thud* *Thud* - Head meeting desk.

This Borrower was (He claimed) a director of a company.

(Borrower) "So, the questionairre.. I just want to check something."
(me) " Yes?" (To be fair, I understand people get snagged on some questions. I expect this. But not to this level....)
(Borrower) "Where it says 'Names of parties to the mortgage, that's me right?"
(me) "Aye, you and anyone else who's going on the mortgage"
(Borrower) "..... Ok, so I should put my name there then, right?"
(me) "... *twitch* Yes, you and anyone else going on the mortgage..."
(Borrower) "..Oh. So my wife's part of this mortgage.. does that mean her too?"
(me) *Pen snaps in background* "That's right. You and your wife."
(Borrower) ".. Oh, Ok. So.. Question 1, is me and My wife's name?"
(me) "... Yes."
(Borrower) ".. Right. This is complicated, isn't it?"

Now this kind of thing is hard enough to deal with. Day in, day out. Information we send people, they don't actually read it. I swear I could put a clause in saying they will give me £1000 and their firstborn, and they would blindly sign it.

I have Many, many horror stories I could relate here about this kind of thing...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 05:27:12 PM by Miles_2397 » Logged
notmuch
underpaid hobo

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 09:24:02 PM »

I just can't believe this...i was rinsing my mouth and i felt something in it, and the next thing i know, i was seeing one of my braces going down the drain...

Dumb if you ask me, i should have at least put the plug on the sink first...

*Bangs head on desk*
Juno
ragin' cagun sparkplug!
Administrator
scd cult

da starcross'd destinies you sweep under your feet

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 10:07:43 PM »

Quote from: notmuch on January 25, 2008, 09:24:02 PM
I just can't believe this...i was rinsing my mouth and i felt something in it, and the next thing i know, i was seeing one of my braces going down the drain...

Dumb if you ask me, i should have at least put the plug on the sink first...

*Bangs head on desk*

There is no greater sinking feeling than watching something of serious importance spin down the drain.  I lost an engagement ring down the drain once... Yeah.  Recovered it, if you can believe that.  GROSS.

Desperado
cajun mafia

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 02:06:35 AM »

I work in a convience store...going on 4 months, the list is really freakin' long.

We can't prepay fuel on a credit card because the damn computer network will double charge people sometimes and rich people don't understand that. Even when we draw it all out for them. Tonight, a woman comes in at my shift change and wants to prepay 10 dollars with her credit card, we tell her we cant but we can turn it on and she can get what she needs, but pay inside after fueling. "I have a son in the car and I'm not  leaving him out there alone! I'm not irresponsible." She says. "Then you can pay at the pump, ma'am." I respond. "I don't want to pay at the pump, it's cold." "Well, there is nothing I can do." "Unbelievable, you all are ****ing moron's! I have a kid in the car and you won't give me my gas! I'm never coming here again!" She storms out. She leaves and I say, "If you would have bought condoms here the night your kid was conceived then you wouldn't have to worry now would ya? Dumb, *****."  She how ever succumbs to paying at the pump and that's: 1 for Conoco and -273 for annoying people.

More stories to come of my adventures with the commoners that come in everyday.

Ki-chan
cajun mafia

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 11:59:03 AM »

If I could talk to the dumb people who come into Kwik Trip like that, I think I could die happy.

This one is one of the worst situations of idiocy I've been in during my employment with Kwik Trip. I'm glad I've never seen this guy since.

A guy comes in after pumping gas outside. He grabs a few things and plops them down on the counter, and then proceeds to walk off without a word to get more stuff. And I don't mean just picking something up that he couldn't carry the first trip. No, he's browsing the whole frickin store. Well a line develops so I shove his stuff to the side and proceed with helping the people in line. He comes back with even more stuff and huffs when he sees the huge line and proceeds to walk directly up to the front of it and puts his stuff down. I look at him pointedly and say, "Sir, you're going to have to wait in line."
To which he replies, "But I put my stuff down here first!"
To which I reply, smugly, "But you left to grab more stuff, Sir, and these people were ready to pay when they got to the counter. You're going to have to wait."
So he huffs and grumbles and goes to the end of the now exceedingly long line. (When it rains, it pours at my store.) When I finally get to him, I total up his purchases and ask him if he had any gas. He says yes, and that's it. Nothing else.
"What pump number, sir?"
He sighs irritably and says, "I don't know!"
Restraining myself from thwacking him viciously with one of his bottles of soda, I say, "Okay, what does your car look like?"
To which he replies, "It's white."
Upon looking out the window, there are about five different white cars. I sigh.
"Which one, sir?"
He sighs irritably (Yeah, cause, you know, this isn't his fault in the LEAST) and points VAGUELY in one direction. I say,
"I'm going to need you to be more specific."
 Well, after what felt like an interrogation to figure out which freaking white car was his, I ring up his gas and he has the GALL to say, "Yeah, your pump is broken or something."
After a few moments of trying not to strangle him (I have a short temper and am amazed I haven't done so already at this point) I say, in the most polite voice I can muster with steam coming out my ears, "Really, how do you mean?"
"Well, I tried to pay with my debit card, and it wouldn't accept it!"
Now this is a common problem, so I don't worry much about it and reply, "Well sir, you can't pay at the pump with a debit card."
And he replies, in not too kindly a voice, "Why not?! I have money on there!"
And I reply, "Well sir, if you don't have a certain amount in your bank account, the machine won't take it. It's a security measure."
He scoffs and says, "Security measure?"
"Yes, to keep you from pumping more than you have in your bank account."
Somehow he doesn't seem to understand this and grumbles the entire time while I swipe his card and finish the transaction.
"Thank you!"
He doesn't know I'm actually thanking the gods that he's gone.

So yea, I feel your pain, Des. I deal with idiots like that every day.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 12:19:43 PM by Ki-chan » Logged

I know in my heart
I've fallen into a home
of wingless angels.
The people I love
the memories I have here
I'll never forget.
WaiWaiWario
Place your bets!
n'awlins local

Jolly Roger

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 11:01:20 AM »

I had a woman come through the drive through at Burger King last night who ordered two chicken sandwiches and two medium fries. She asked us if there was any way we could cook the fries for her so that they would still be fresh after a twenty minute drive home. The cashier looks at me with a look that says "Oh shit, can we really do that? Is there some secret I've not been let in on?" I shake my head and the cashier says "No, I don't think we can do that.." The customer says "Well can't you wrap them in tin foil or something?" Again I get this look. Once again I shake my head. The cashier tells the customer we can't do that either and the customer says "Well, I'll try this one more time, but if the fries are cold when I get home I'll never come here again."

I thought about suggesting we give her a bag of frozen fries to cook when she got home.

I'm sure I'll think of something more interesting at some point. Maybe I'll run into a few good ones later. Have to pull a fifteen hour shift today. It's Frday. Lots of stoned and drunk people.

[07:38:34pm 02/27] I'm talking about a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpetting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Capital R"
[07:39:05pm 02/27] That's how huge and shiny this R is
dark_arkangel
scd cult

im the one who make the blood rains fall

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008, 11:07:30 AM »

todays one was from my mom (i love her but this time she overpass my love >_

^o^
heyIMmike
Juno owns my balls
Administrator
scd cult

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 09:48:37 AM »

Quote from: humble scuba on January 23, 2008, 04:12:48 AM
Quote from: Juno on January 23, 2008, 12:37:39 AM
Quote from: Sleeper on January 22, 2008, 08:48:48 PM
it's really annoying when a forty-something year old, cynical bachelor economics teacher gives fashion advice to his students. thank goodness i don't have him this semester, but watching him do it in the halls isn't any better.

I now demand pics!

Careful if you decide to comply with Juno's demands, Sleeper.  Recording devices in classrooms are a sensitive subject.  I'm fairly certain that in most places tapes or pictures in a class are illegal without the professor's consent.  Might want to keep that in mind.
While that may be true, I do not believe that they can expect the same in the halls or outside on campus as that is a public place.

(Y)
(x0)
U'''U
(.)(.)
Bunny Zombie

"What … oh, I've wiped the file? Oh, damn … I've wiped all the files? … I've wiped the Internet? Oh no, I don't even have a modem!
NIghthawke
underpaid hobo

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 01:26:36 PM »

Quote from: Juno on January 27, 2008, 10:07:43 PM
There is no greater sinking feeling than watching something of serious importance spin down the drain.  I lost an engagement ring down the drain once... Yeah.  Recovered it, if you can believe that.  GROSS.

You think that's nasty?  Back when I lived in Animal House, my bud Jimmy the plumber got this frantic call from his brother-in-law.  He had dropped his glass eye down the drain while cleaning it.  He had removed the trap, but it wasn't there.

So...we had to craw under the house and remove the cleanout plug to the main house drain line.  The big one that runs to the sewer.  As soon as I got the damn thing off, the most vile stench I ever smelled comes rolling out.  Jimmy then informs me we have to get Chip to run his fawcett for a short burst, and then....well, the conversation went like this:

Jimmy:  "OK L.C.  Once the water hits the line, you gotta stick your hand in there and make sure the eye doesn't get past when the water does."
Me: "Excuse me, but what you mean "I gotta", Lone Ranger. Tonto not brother-in-law. You are."
Jimmy: "Oh, come on man!  You can't be that much of a wimp."
Me: "WIMP has nothing to do with it.  The Hooga Booga monster probably lives in there!  This is how Bad Things happen to people in horror movies.  You want that eye, you best limber up, buddy boy.  I'll stand by with the Sawzall just in case something grabs you and I'll try to be as quick and painless as possible...."
Jimmy: "Are you STILL STONED from last night?  There's nothing in there!  Now just grab it when it goes by."
Me: "Stoned or not, I ain't doin it!  And how do you know what's in there! Stick yer own hand in, yer the damn plumber!  Whatever may be in there, it ain't gonna be me that finds out!"
Chip, the Eye Dropper, yelling through the floor: "DO I TURN THE WATER ON NOW?"
Me and Jimmy: "NO!!  CALM YER DAMN NIPPLES!!!"

Eventually, Jimmy was the one that finally grabbed it.

Ewwwww....

I never shook hands with him again.

Gah!  I dunno!  Let me think.....
Sleeper
Tortilla cheesemelt emperor
cajun mafia

Nice smile, right?

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 06:00:30 PM »

I'm not sure I would put back on the glass eye on after knowing where it's been.

Only when you are able to win a staring contest with someone's picture will you receive my respect.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS