Star Cross'd Destiny Community
January 15, 2008, 08:43:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: HEY! WIPE THAT BOOGER OFF YOUR NOSE! 

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Juno and the Police  (Read 91 times)
Maiazuru
tourist

Juno and the Police
« on: January 09, 2008, 03:52:44 PM »

Been a while since I actually posted, but I'll got with the advice I got and ask you guys:

Why do you think Juno wasn't shot to death by the cops?

I'm not saying this because I'd want to see it - the comic would end rather abruptly if so. But lets face it: she was going on a frightening, supernatural rampage. People have been shot to death by the police - rightfully - for less dangerous reasons. In real life, had I seen her, I probably would have shot her down, too.

So why do you think she was spared? (Aside from the fact that the comic can't continue all that well without her. I get that. That one doesn't count.)  smiley
heyIMmike
Juno owns my balls
Administrator
scd cult

Re: Juno and the Police
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 02:48:14 PM »

Well, you could look at it from the perspective of, "it wasn't for a lack of trying..."  She was hit with 3 bullets, that we know of, and it didn't even slow her down.  If that had been you or I, we would have been on our way to the emergency room with serious life threatening damage.

I think she was spared because there are greater things at work than we've seen so far...  I mean where did all that power come from in the first place?  Why would she be given all that, if only to fall to a bullet.  I mean, surely whom/whatever might have given her that power would have know what kinda person that she is and that she might be prone to getting potentially killed.  Seriously, Juno is nothing if not reckless...  Street racing.  Working for the Mob (actually typed mom initially...  what a typo that was)...  walking in dark alleyways...

(Y)
(x0)
U'''U
(.)(.)
Bunny Zombie

"What … oh, I've wiped the file? Oh, damn … I've wiped all the files? … I've wiped the Internet? Oh no, I don't even have a modem!
Aero
n'awlins local

Vega's ciggarete supplier....

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 05:29:20 PM »

Well? I think Juno is just as confused as everyone is and probably very sore after the dark power took hold of her.  If you read the comic it said "it became quickly apparent that we couldn't (die)" so I think the police tried,  Having failed they moved juno to a high facility holding.

Right now she would be sitting in the back of her cell irritably reflecting on the mistakes which almost killed shades and herself, and also wondering what would become of them; but most of all... I think she's reflecting on the fact she doesn't give a shit anymore

Thas' my opinion though ^^*

The betaverse has a funky way of doin things and the Alphaverse is even more wierd setting these events into place! Yup! yup!

Goodwish/badwish game

Aero: I wish I could meet Vega in person ^_^
Tyrone: granted!  he shows at your door with a cake.

Wow! Sure are nice people in teh world ^_^
Juno
ragin' cagun sparkplug!
Administrator
scd cult

da starcross'd destinies you sweep under your feet

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 06:59:54 PM »

Quote from: Aero on January 11, 2008, 05:29:20 PM
Right now she would be sitting in the back of her cell irritably reflecting on the mistakes which almost killed shades and herself, and also wondering what would become of them; but most of all... I think she's reflecting on the fact she doesn't give a shit anymore

So here's an interesting thought on that.  On the last page of Chapter 6 it mentions she has no remembrance of her new powers.  Because if she did, wouldn't she somehow have activated them to get out of jail?  Or do you think she maybe doesn't know that she even has her powers at all, her last memory of the events being her getting normalized?

The plot thickens?

Aero
n'awlins local

Vega's ciggarete supplier....

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 08:24:44 PM »

Quote from: Juno on January 11, 2008, 06:59:54 PM
Quote from: Aero on January 11, 2008, 05:29:20 PM

So here's an interesting thought on that.  On the last page of Chapter 6 it mentions she has no remembrance of her new powers.  Because if she did, wouldn't she somehow have activated them to get out of jail?  Or do you think she maybe doesn't know that she even has her powers at all, her last memory of the events being her getting normalized?

The plot thickens?

She probably doesn't, but still she'd be confused and worried about the others,... having a black hole there in your memory really sucks...

I'm in 10th grade and I cant remember 2 years of my life due to a traumatic incident,

If she remembered or not... I doubt she knows what to do, or how to do it. Powers or not.

I'd be worried too if my last memory was my mancake in danger X3

Goodwish/badwish game

Aero: I wish I could meet Vega in person ^_^
Tyrone: granted!  he shows at your door with a cake.

Wow! Sure are nice people in teh world ^_^
Juno
ragin' cagun sparkplug!
Administrator
scd cult

da starcross'd destinies you sweep under your feet

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 09:29:33 PM »

haha - Mancake.

Yeah, but there's the difference between the original novel and the comic - Shades and Juno aren't "together" yet.  Just good friends.  She's still too obsessed with her own issues to realize he's all "in love."

XD

So hopefully more folks will get involved in the discussion but here are some of my notes and thoughts.

If this were under normal circumstances she would have been shot (to death) early on due to the extreme danger she was putting the officers in.  Mike makes a point - she WAS shot three times.  She was also shot at several times in the first few pages of Book 2.

No one aside the officers left on the scene would have ever known that she just was killed - if even by her own wounds and not their hands.  And if I was Sterns I would have just shot her to death too.  But he was a man out of his element.  A situation he thought he had control of went to hell and the woman he planned to take in peacefully almost completely turned the tables and killed him.

I will say this much - Sterns has a very different sense of revenge as opposed to Juno.  Juno is out to kill.  Sterns is out to make her suffer for his son's pain.  A life in jail on a false charge that even she thinks could possibly be true?  Ouch.  Plus being his personal punching bag until full sentencing?  Better than just shooting her to death, imo.  At least for him and his character.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS