Star Cross'd Destiny Community
December 10, 2007, 02:56:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: New York Anime Fest GUEST!!!

Poll
Question: Who is the last Cylon? (betting encouraged)
Cpt. Kera 'Starbuck' Thrace 0 (0%)
Adm. William Adama 0 (0%)
Cmdr. Lee Adama 0 (0%)
President Laura Roslin 0 (0%)
Vice President Tom Zarek 1 (100%)
Lt. Felix Gaeta 0 (0%)
Cpt. Karl Agathon (Helo) 0 (0%)
Dr. Gaius Baltar 0 (0%)
Two or more above 0 (0%)
Other/not listed 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica (spoiler warning)  (Read 81 times)
shandromand
street musician

Socially Maladjusted Misanthrope

Battlestar Galactica (spoiler warning)
« on: November 30, 2007, 12:10:31 AM »

Has anyone been watching this show?  I sorta lost interest midway through season two, but got bored enough to give it another go.  I'm glad I did, and I think I might actually die if March doesn't hurry the $#@)^7 up and get here.  In the meantime, for other fans, I decided a little conjecture about who the twelfth Cylon is in order.

My personal choice wavers between Starbuck and Roslin.  Starbuck is an obvious one, but there could have been some hocus pocus at her death scene.  I'm struggling with Roslin being a cylon at all.  On the one hand, she has cancer - what the hell kind of bot gets terminal cancer?  On the other hand, she has these visions - which most people would be tempted to attribute them to the chamalla she's taking.  I'd agree, except she gets sucked into the same vision with Sharon and Caprica 6 in the last episode.  I've also had a perverse thought over the last couple of days:  Who's to say Imaginary Six didn't lie to Baltar about there only being twelve models?  Let that one bake your noodle for a while.

Other thoughts:
When the Four started singing All along the Watchtower I flipped out.  I couldn't figure out why they kept saying there had to be some kind of way out of there.  WTF?  Out of where?  Why?  Wait, what? 'Said the Joker to the Th...' GAH!

So they're probably going to show up at Earth sometime in the fourth season - We get to see a nice shot of North America.  It's hard to tell, but it looks pretty much uninhabited.  So the six million dollar question is what's the timeline for this show relative to us Earthlings?  The fact that we've got Dylan/Hendrix music mixed in suggests later, but how'd the Cylons even come by it?  Thinking about this makes my head hurt.  HURRY UP MARCH!

What is UP with Baltar and Caprica Six having imaginary versions of each other?  I figured Baltar for a schizo or something, but Caprica having him around makes it very bizarre.  Programming?  That would mean Baltar is a cylon, and I won't believe that - he's too much of a wuss.  So what else?  God?  Do we really want to go there?

"Lift up the receiver, I'll make you a believer."

Silverain
bourbon st drunk

wide-eyed mystified

Re: Battlestar Galactica (spoiler warning)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 09:31:05 PM »

I have absolutely no idea, having only watched about three episodes of the show and I still dunno who everybody is.  So I just guessed randomly.  ^^

I'd kinda be stunned if it was the commander guy (no wait ... maybe he's an admiral ... I mean the guy who looks sixtysomething and runs the ship), but stunned in a "wtf?" kind of way, not a "oh what a great plot twist" kind of way.  Other than that, not a clue.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 09:33:55 PM by Silverain » Logged

Pancake Ninja
*Candidate for GNTP President*
humble scuba
What the F is /me?
Global Moderator
scd cult

The Cap Gun Cowboy Strikes Again!

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 09:42:12 AM »

I haven't been watching enough for my own good, but I've been wondering when the new damn season was going to get here.

If I had to put money down, I'd say either Baltar or Adama's second in command, Patch.  I don't remember his real name.

dmizer: jezus tits
humble scuba: how hilarious would it be if jesus had tits?
humble scuba: Here, child, suck the wine from my breast
dmizer: actually ... i just came here for the food.
humble scuba: food ==> breastwine
dmizer: lmfao
dmizer
Solar powered superhero
Administrator
scd cult

keeper of the sacred words: meh, bah, and indeed.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 10:27:46 PM »

Quote from: humble scuba on December 09, 2007, 09:42:12 AM
or Adama's second in command, Patch.  I don't remember his real name.
you haven't been paying enough attention have you?  colonel tigh has already been revealed as a cylon.

humm, let's think ...

12 colonies ... 12 cylon models ...
also ... "this has all happened before and it will all happen again"  anyone watched the original series recently?

You're like a fountain of information that noone cares to know. XP

jezus tits strikes again: NIPMATA!
humble scuba
What the F is /me?
Global Moderator
scd cult

The Cap Gun Cowboy Strikes Again!

« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:08:45 AM »

Quote from: dmizer on December 09, 2007, 10:27:46 PM
you haven't been paying enough attention have you?

I already said I haven't seen enough of the series for my own good.

That's an interesting point about the original series, though.  I never really considered that this was not only a reprise of the original series, but a continuation of it at the same time.  Good thing I don't know how the original ended.

dmizer: jezus tits
humble scuba: how hilarious would it be if jesus had tits?
humble scuba: Here, child, suck the wine from my breast
dmizer: actually ... i just came here for the food.
humble scuba: food ==> breastwine
dmizer: lmfao
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS