Star Cross'd Destiny Community
July 12, 2007, 01:01:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: VOTE  because you're a NICE person!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chi art!  (Read 242 times)
MissChiChi
Global Moderator
scd cult

Chi art!
« on: June 11, 2007, 05:24:34 AM »

It's been a looooooong time. o.o Here's a random drawing for you guys. :3 I think she's missing a good set of freckles but I don't feel like adding them now. xD

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/HomeMovies/Drawings/ninjagunner1.jpg

^Click to see it bigger. :3

If anyone wants to take a shot at coloring it, you're more than welcome to. My coloring skills aren't really where I'd like them to be. Dx I have a bigger version if anyone's interested.

Comments and all that welcome. :3
dark_arkangel
scd cult

i said lol

Re: Chi art!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 12:24:43 PM »

really interesting i love i like it a lot great job lol

fear teh evil dance and

prepare for my new project

arkangel
Mari
Ninja Toes
bourbon st drunk

orange

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 04:59:56 PM »

That's awesome! I love the way you did her hair. I love the tact you used to do the lines especially. Mine are allways clumbsy and thick, so I'm envious.

edit: oh my god! I just noticed her shoes!!! 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 05:02:55 PM by Mari » Logged

MissChiChi
Global Moderator
scd cult

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 05:05:19 PM »

Thank you! You'll notice that in some parts, lines don't meet...Everything just looks kinda disconnected like I didn't finish the lineart. But all my neat lines are usually accomplished in a single stroke that I have to re-do a bunch of times to make it look neat, which is why I end up not closing anything off. xP It ends up looking kinda neat, I think. I like it, at least. =P

Mari...Do you remember meeting Jim (Don'tcallmeguestI'mawesome) and I at A-Kon? o.o We weren't sure if you recognized us...The blonde girl and the dark-haired guy in the dark shirt? There was a lot going on around us, though, so we figured you were just distracted and didn't know/care who we were, haha. xD
dark_wolf
street musician

as I draw my last breath, the voices fall silent

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 07:40:33 AM »

Very nice.... your comments aside... I like it.. I didn't notice the missing line work intill you pointed it out

Perception of a reality is as important as the reality it’s self
If you control the perception, you can control the reality

"Success is often not chance opportunity, it is to prepare for chance" - the Cerulean

Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.  - Philip K. Dick
ShakKen
n'awlins local

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 07:46:38 AM »

Her hands are a little bit small and she's a tad thick in the knees. I like the contours and the weighting though ^_^

Machine Abuse - Deviantart - The Secret Place
Semper Athenae
heyIMmike
Juno owns my balls
Administrator
scd cult

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 10:36:51 PM »

it took me a min to figure out the whole boot monster with tongue sticking out thing.  At first I thought it was her feet, and they were really big to everything else, but then I saw the eyes on the boots...  very well done.

(Y)
(x0)
U'''U
(.)(.)
Bunny Zombie

Quote from: dmizer on February 24, 2007, 10:51:38 AM
"R"

"What … oh, I've wiped the file? Oh, damn … I've wiped all the files? … I've wiped the Internet? Oh no, I don't even have a modem!"
MissChiChi
Global Moderator
scd cult

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 04:53:36 PM »

Thank you, Shakken.

Haha, Mike. xD Yeah, they're kinda weird. xP Thank you.
Cerulean
n'awlins local

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 01:28:01 PM »

thats bloody awesome! Not a single critique here other than it took me forever to notice the eyes on the boots!

"Alive, and more feathery than ever!"
MissChiChi
Global Moderator
scd cult

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 12:58:14 AM »

Thank you, Ceru!

I colored it. :3 I'm no soft-shading pro so be gentle plz ;~;

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/HomeMovies/Drawings/?action=view¤t=ninjagirlcolorflatres.jpg

Juno
ragin' cagun sparkplug!
Administrator
scd cult

wipe that booger off your nose

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 10:10:16 AM »

The coloring is fantastic there Chi!  It's nice and soft - it fits the image well.  And it makes it all come together.  I see what a lot of people meant about the boots.  But now that's not so much an issue.

I really like what you did with the tattoo but curiosity, why so plain black on the stomach?  My guess is because of the shadow?  The tattoos on the rest of her look very realistic because no matter how dark they never make our skin black out and do take on highlights and shadows.  Perhaps moving around the opacity would help that little over there blend.

Just some thoughts and hopefully that was gentle for you.  Cheesy  I try never to be harsh.  I call for more soft-shading!  Cheesy

Amy
Global Moderator
n'awlins local

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 10:34:52 AM »

New Chi art Cheesy! I
The boots are awesome, they remind me of a pair my sister had (without a tongue or eyes, yet made  up of nothing but fur- fake, of course- and it was blue! )) but what I especially love is the transparent fabric around her arms. So many times I've wondered how to draw that.  It looks so realistic. *Must stare at it and learn how to do that*.
And the shading on the belly is great. Well done ^__^!

zizi
n'awlins local

do what tastes right

« Reply #12 on: Today at 11:02:18 AM »

beautiful colors! well done!

je suis etourdis...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.2 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS