Star Cross'd Destiny Community
December 24, 2007, 06:54:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: It's Holiday!  Or Christmas!  Or Whatever! VOTE for HOLIDAY CHEER!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you learn today?  (Read 3852 times)
LadyChrisA
street musician

It worked!

Re: What did you learn today?
« Reply #165 on: October 06, 2007, 09:52:03 AM »

I learned that you can survived a week and a half without a refridgerator... it just involves a lot of eating out and drinking a lot of tap water.  bleh.  I think I gained three pounds.
I also learned that being married to your best friend for six years rocks.

There is no future except the one we make for ourselves - Bunny
DireSloth
tourist

« Reply #166 on: November 09, 2007, 01:46:47 PM »

I learned that I am extremely, EXTREMELY good at wasting time.  Seriously.  I can burn a whole day without even noticing it.

"It would be easier to believe your claims if they weren't really stupid."
-Thief
koiyuki
scd cult

« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2007, 01:23:03 AM »

I've learned people want their logo bigger

http://makemylogobiggercream.com/

"People are like snowflakes, were all unique, but at the core, were all the same..."

notmuch
underpaid hobo

« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2007, 02:08:07 AM »

I learnt that there is actually a wikipedia entry of the area i live in.
WaiWaiWario
Place your bets!
n'awlins local

Jolly Roger

« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2007, 03:16:23 AM »

Quote from: notmuch on November 14, 2007, 02:08:07 AM
I learnt that there is actually a wikipedia entry of the area i live in.

Sweet, there's one for where I live too. The pictures look a hell of a lot better than what you see if you visit the areas in the pictures.

I learned that no matter how horrible the acting is, you're not suppost to burst out laughing while watching a training video about being nice to old people while you clean up their dookie. Screaming "fire bad! graaaaarrrr!" in response to an eighty year old woman exclaiming "potatoes good! mmmmmmm!" doesn't seem to fly either.

[07:38:34pm 02/27] I'm talking about a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpetting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Capital R"
[07:39:05pm 02/27] That's how huge and shiny this R is
LadyChrisA
street musician

It worked!

« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2007, 10:18:38 PM »

I learned that Civilization 4 will suck you in no matter how hard you try to resist.  I also learned I have no willpower.

There is no future except the one we make for ourselves - Bunny
heyIMmike
Juno owns my balls
Administrator
scd cult

« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2007, 05:15:40 PM »

Quote from: LadyChrisA on November 18, 2007, 10:18:38 PM
I learned that Civilization 4 will suck you in no matter how hard you try to resist.  I also learned I have no willpower.

To follow that up, Guitar Hero III has the same, massive sucking power as well.  Hello Nurse! may not be joining us on the forum for the forseeable future as she just went out and bought the game AND a new guitar...   She is apparently aiming to get a MILLION POINTS as seen in a recent South Park Episode.  Please join me in wishing her good luck!

(Y)
(x0)
U'''U
(.)(.)
Bunny Zombie

"What … oh, I've wiped the file? Oh, damn … I've wiped all the files? … I've wiped the Internet? Oh no, I don't even have a modem!
humble scuba
What the F is /me?
Global Moderator
scd cult

The Cap Gun Cowboy Strikes Again!

« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2007, 09:21:27 PM »

I have yet to try GH3... though I can't imagine how long it will take her to get to 1,000,000 points.  Probably as long as getting a 70 on WoW, which is what my fiancee is currently set on doing. >_>

I DID get a chance to play Rock Band last night, and god DAMN, that game is fun.  Beats the hell out of Guitar Hero, if you ask me.  I know it's the same development company (at least as 1 and 2; I heard 3 was sold to a different company), but there's a much stronger sense of community while playing Rock Band, and trying out the different instruments leaves a lot more options for fun playtime.  We played straight from about 9 or 10 pm last night, until 3 in the morning.  It was fantastic.

My past experience really helped out; I got on the mic on expert and was kicking ASS on a lot of my favorite old songs.  Lol, I'm actually pretty hoarse today.  Near the end of the night, though, I handed over the mic to the drummer and took his place.  He can't really carry a tune, so he kept it to easy and medium with a decent rate of success.  I don't know, man, that game is just so much fun.

Maybe I need to break down and get me a PS3 eventually, after all.

dmizer: jezus tits
humble scuba: how hilarious would it be if jesus had tits?
humble scuba: Here, child, suck the wine from my breast
dmizer: actually ... i just came here for the food.
humble scuba: food ==> breastwine
dmizer: lmfao
Desperado
cajun mafia

« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2007, 11:24:31 AM »

I learned that HDTVs arent always what theyre cracked up to be, I bought one and in less than 24 hours I realized that I have to buy an extra 200 dollars worth of cables and a new dvd player in order to get a great picture...which would add on to the 500 dollars that I already spent. So I took it back and got my money back.

Mari
Ninja Toes
bourbon st drunk

orange

« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2007, 01:51:13 PM »

I learned that although we as students spend most of our day learning general rules for predicting the behavior of our universe and the people in it, we as human beings spend most of our day encountering all of the exceptions to those rules.

I also learned that chuhai + bowling balls + mari = chaos

Silverain
bourbon st drunk

wide-eyed mystified

« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2007, 07:56:45 PM »

wow Desp, you are a wise man.

hmm, what did I learn today ... oh yeah, I learned I owe the library $20 in fines and they won't let me have any more books until I pay them.  And they only take cash or checks, neither of which I was carrying.  Bother.

Pancake Ninja
*Candidate for GNTP President*
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS