Star Cross'd Destiny Community
March 01, 2008, 05:28:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Play Forum Games responsibly!!!  Officer Dmizer is watching!!!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who all plays an instrument?  (Read 1590 times)
humble scuba
Avian Envy
Global Moderator
scd cult

The Cap Gun Cowboy Strikes Again!

Re: Who all plays an instrument?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 03:13:01 AM »

Played the trombone from 4th grade to my senior year of high school.  Considering I repeated 7th grade (hey, I skipped second because I was smart; parents held me back in 7th 'cause I was an asshole) and pretty much let it drop once I hit college, I played for about 9 years.

It's a shame I don't play anymore; I was good (not to toot my own horn or anything).  Everyone told me I was great, but I wasn't.  I never worked hard enough to be great.  I could have been, but I fear that train has likely come and gone with my youth.

I'm self-taught on the guitar, which means I can play various different combinations of about 6 different chords.

...I really think I need to get back to the Bone, man.  I miss that baby.

Quote from: Ki-chan on January 08, 2008, 03:24:05 PM
You're distant from me
but still I feel your warm heart
beating close to me.
Juno
ragin' cagun sparkplug!
Administrator
scd cult

da starcross'd destinies you sweep under your feet

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 02:39:29 PM »

Quote from: humble scuba on September 11, 2007, 03:13:01 AM
It's a shame I don't play anymore; I was good (not to toot my own horn or anything).  Everyone told me I was great, but I wasn't.  I never worked hard enough to be great.  I could have been, but I fear that train has likely come and gone with my youth.

Yeah, I kinda have the same thing here.  I was pretty good in high school but I never practiced.  I was supposed to go to school as a viola performance major and then my hands fell apart on me.  I should have stayed on sax but now I'm a has-been who just played in a couple bars when I lived in TX.  Which I'm damn fine with.  I'm not fine with the viola part.    I'm gonna try to start playing again but we'll see if my hands start getting all stupid again.  And if I actually practice this time.

Desperado
cajun mafia

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 12:02:23 AM »

Ooh! I wrote music and hopefully if I can find a recorder I can upload it to here, I'll let you know if I get it uploaded so you can hears it! It's in E...not sure what mode, I think Lydian I'd have to remember the notes. ^_^

humble scuba
Avian Envy
Global Moderator
scd cult

The Cap Gun Cowboy Strikes Again!

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 07:13:30 AM »

Quote from: Juno on September 12, 2007, 02:39:29 PM
Yeah, I kinda have the same thing here.  I was pretty good in high school but I never practiced.  I was supposed to go to school as a viola performance major and then my hands fell apart on me.  I should have stayed on sax but now I'm a has-been who just played in a couple bars when I lived in TX.  Which I'm damn fine with.  I'm not fine with the viola part.    I'm gonna try to start playing again but we'll see if my hands start getting all stupid again.  And if I actually practice this time.

That was always my problem, especially after high school - I could just never find a space where I felt comfortable practicing.  Didn't want to do it at the dorms at school (I majored in music my first semester, and I practiced not a LICK outside of ensemble), and most certainly didn't want to do it at my parents' house when my family was home.  So...  it just never happened.  And it's not like riding a bike, man.  If you don't use it, you WILL lose it.

One of my only major regrets, that is.

Quote from: Desperado
Ooh! I wrote music and hopefully if I can find a recorder I can upload it to here, I'll let you know if I get it uploaded so you can hears it! It's in E...not sure what mode, I think Lydian I'd have to remember the notes. ^_^

That would be very cool. 

Quote from: Ki-chan on January 08, 2008, 03:24:05 PM
You're distant from me
but still I feel your warm heart
beating close to me.
The Kay
bourbon st drunk

Ex Vampirius

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 06:26:00 PM »

Looks like I'm really late to this one... I play guitar though, started about three years ago. I guess I'm all right, but not awesome, and I still can't improvise solos well. I need to work on my scales.

Signatures are overrated.
Juno
ragin' cagun sparkplug!
Administrator
scd cult

da starcross'd destinies you sweep under your feet

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 04:39:08 PM »

I'm starting Steel Drum back up.

I'm so excited!

GaijinTenshi
underpaid hobo

The Slayer of Hearts

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 10:17:49 AM »

I play:

Rhythm Keyboard
Trumpet
Baritone
French Horn

Mari
Ninja Toes
bourbon st drunk

orange

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 08:13:05 PM »

Congratulations Juno! I'm going to taiko drum lessons tomorrow for the second time too! We should have a drum off sometime (... only give me a couple more months because I am really terrible right now).

I play: electric bass & flutes of all types

NIghthawke
underpaid hobo

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2008, 12:41:47 AM »

Guitar.  Acoustic.   But it's a stinking new Ibanez.  Someone jacked my old Martin.

Gah!  I dunno!  Let me think.....
WaiWaiWario
Place your bets!
n'awlins local

Jolly Roger

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 05:26:17 AM »

Harmonica. I didn't have the money for a chromatic when I bought one so I got a diatonic in D instead. It's a Hohner Marine Band. I've not been playing long and It's self taught. Not very good really. I tinkered with a guitar for a little bit, a mandolin too, but I never got far.

[07:38:34pm 02/27] I'm talking about a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpetting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Capital R"
[07:39:05pm 02/27] That's how huge and shiny this R is
matrim
street musician

All I See Is Blackness... Oh Wait My Hood Is Down.

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 05:12:18 PM »

okay let's see here 

Grade 6: Recorder.

Grade 7: tenor Recorder.

Grades 8 -?: alto sax.

currently: learning accoustic guitar with my brother, and self teaching myself the harmonica in C and E Keys.

I want to get my sax back. it was a rental from the school and when i left i had to return it. the problem is getting another one is so damnably expensive that it's going to take a miracle for me to start playing again. oh and I'm going to try for flute. Preferably a wooden one.

god i love celtic music.

In the night the shadows call
In the shadows one and all
The Dragon's four arise this night
Fire, Water, Earth, and Light

Long Live The Online Revolution!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS