Star Cross'd Destiny Community
December 24, 2007, 06:26:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: HEY! WIPE THAT BOOGER OFF YOUR NOSE! 

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rewind. Or, what movies have you seen lately.  (Read 6785 times)
dark_arkangel
scd cult

too evil for you ^o^

Re: Rewind. Or, what movies have you seen lately.
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2007, 11:56:08 AM »

i just saw a mighty heart and shoot'em up

^o^
Sleeper
Tortilla cheesemelt emperor
cajun mafia

Nice smile, right?

« Reply #181 on: November 23, 2007, 04:52:40 PM »

watched beowoulf on a normal theater but watching it on imax would have just made the few action scenes better. the movie itself lacked overall greatness, but it was a good movie.

Only when you are able to win a staring contest with someone's picture will you receive my respect.
Nephtys
Love cake
Administrator
scd cult

Keeper of Sacred Words' little brother: w00t

« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2007, 09:54:57 AM »

I've recently seen Beowulf as well. Sorry, but what's with the Austin Powers effect!? If you're too prude to show the man's privates, then just let him keep on his loincloth for god's sake! What they did there, with the swords, arms and everything, was a) stupid, b) hilarious, and c)STUPID!

It was very cringeworthy. On the whole it wasn't too good a movie in my opinion. Not bad, but nothing more.

I have been assured that a young healthy child well nursed is at a year old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee or a ragout.
Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
Sleeper
cajun mafia

Nice smile, right?

« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2007, 12:23:48 PM »

Quote from: Nephtys on November 24, 2007, 09:54:57 AM
I've recently seen Beowulf as well. Sorry, but what's with the Austin Powers effect!? If you're too prude to show the man's privates, then just let him keep on his loincloth for god's sake! What they did there, with the swords, arms and everything, was a) stupid, b) hilarious, and c)STUPID!

that part sent mixed messages to me. i didn't know whether to think of it as funny, him trying to be "hardcore", or just trying to be pg-13.
most parts of the movie made it seem that way. always pushing very close to R but then cutting out some gruesome parts (and genital parts) to make it pg-13. took away from the movieif you're not going to go all out. 300 is still a much better epic movie, but i tried to keep that out of my mind when i was watching it.

Only when you are able to win a staring contest with someone's picture will you receive my respect.
The Destroyer
Sailing the Cyber Seas.
Administrator
scd cult

« Reply #184 on: November 27, 2007, 04:22:38 PM »

I watched Mr Brooks.  Wow, that was a good movie.  There's not a lot of psycho-thriller to it, it plays the psychopathic killer in a different light.  Makes at least one claim that's not true.  Good movie though.  Enjoyable if you like some thought with a side of violence.

Watching the Extended editions of LOTR as well.  258 miniutes for Return of the King.  That's 4 freaking hours!  The Two towers had 45 miniutes of added footage.  Fellowship had a half an hour.  There's some interesting stuff added to them that were totally plot-irrelevent for when the movie was released.

Still no Tom Bombadil.

Like a bad case of Norwegian Wood.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!""
Sleeper
cajun mafia

Nice smile, right?

« Reply #185 on: December 09, 2007, 10:31:51 PM »

watched Deja Vu yesterday. expected the time traveling deal and thought it would make the movie horrible, but it came out decent. if only there wasn't so many "let's go back in time" movies.

Desperado
cajun mafia

« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2007, 11:27:51 AM »

I am Legend, which was really good, made me jump at a few parts and the movie is very practical on how virus came to be and broke out...which scares me even more.

icy dragon
Waiting for the 23rd
cajun mafia

« Reply #187 on: December 21, 2007, 03:30:10 PM »

Just saw St. Trinians

And

Its amazing.

I havn't seen the older versions of the film but I LOVE this one and I think everyone should watch it

Live life to the fullest. Then die in a blaze of glory. Everyone is equal in death.
"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century",
-Jack the Ripper
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS