Star Cross'd Destiny Forums
Star Cross'd Destiny Forums
April 10, 2010, 10:42:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Topic Tools  
February 24, 2006, 10:31:36 pm #0
Sam

TV on DVD

Anyone else addicted to TV shows on DVD? I normally don't get to big on recent shows but my husband LOVES them. I prefer the old-school just-released-on-DVD goodness. So yeah, all the questions now:

What TV shows on DVD do you own/want? What shows aren't on DVD that should be? What shows need to be burned and never EVER allowed to haunt future generations.

My list of TV DVDs:
-The Muppet Show Season 1(teh super old school one from the 70's with special guests like Florence Henderson, Twiggy, and Vincent Price. . Some DAMN good stuff.) I can't wait for the next seasons to be released because they have Mark Hammill, Brooke Shields and Roger Moore  Cheesy
-Boy Meets World (so that Sierra has something to watch when tv sitcoms go to hell in a handbasket)
-Avatar: The Last Airbender Vol. 1
-Teen Titans
-Kim Possible

My Husband's TV DVDs (beware the sick addiction):
-Fraggle Rock
-He-man Masters of the Universe
-Arrested Development
-Smallville
-Aquateen Hunger Force
-The Chapelle Show
-Da Ali G Show
-Spongebob Squarepants
-The Simpsons
-Batman the Animated Series
-Cowboy Bebop
-Trigun
-Outlaw Star
-Chobits
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Futurama
-Family Guy
-Chip 'N Dale's Rescue Rangers
-Darkwing Duck
...there might be more but I am feeling dizzy at the overwhelming dorkiness of it all  

I'm wishing/waiting to get the My Little Pony on DVD because I grew up on that show and it gives me warm fuzzies ^_^. Also this British comedy called "Are You Being Served?" which is the funniest damn thing I've ever seen in my life but I dunno if it's actually on DVD yet.

The Pirates of Dark Water. If that ever comes out (LEGALLY) on DVD I will be first in line. Also the X-men Animated show (the original, none 'o that Evolution crap).

As far as shows that need to die horrible TV deaths...Iron Chef America. Seriously. I might consider buying the original kick-ass japanese Iron Chef on DVD but I can't think of anyone who wants to pay $30 to watch Bobby Flay and Mario Batali make asses outta themselves. If the cartoon Ed, Edd and Eddy ever gets released on DVD I will beat someone with a whiffle bat.

http://starcrossdrefugees.forumup.us/

February 25, 2006, 01:15:21 am #1
heyIMmike

TV on DVD

Oh wow...  Pirates of dark water...  I vaguely remember seeing that...  but just barely...

I just found Avatar on TV and think its pretty good...

And Teen Titans...  RAWKn...

I myself have a few like -
Farscape,
Firefly
just to name a few...

(Y)
(x0)
U'''U
(.)(.)
Bunny Zombie

"What … oh, I've wiped the file? Oh, damn … I've wiped all the files? … I've wiped the Internet? Oh no, I don't even have a modem!

February 25, 2006, 02:48:31 am #2
The Destroyer

TV on DVD

excluding anime, I love to get TV shows on DVD, ones I really enjoy that arent insanely long mind you.  I'd love to get all of farscape, but even at their average price of $120-170, thats 4 seasons +1 movie, which is some 500 dollars I dont have.

I think DVDs are going back up in price when they shouldnt be.  remember when they first came out and they were massivly pricey?  And then they dropped for a while?  They seem to be on their way up, and when it comes to TV series(especially long ones) it makes them WAY overpriced.

I have some ReBoot, Beast Wars and G1 Transformers.  everything else is anime.  And it's soo so expensive!!

Like a bad case of Norwegian Wood.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!""

February 26, 2006, 05:14:44 pm #3
Pike

TV on DVD

Let's see....I have:  Friends, Will and Grace, The X Files, The Simpsons, Sex and the City, Scooby Doo (the originals), Survivor, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(also original) and Newlyweds...(Don't judge me!)

What I want:  Animaniacs and Tiny Toons!!!!!

Death to:  half that crap on Cartoon Network that has no point

This is for you Sam!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/13746031/ref=br_bx_c_1_36/103-2421015-4059041' target='_blank'>Not-so-random link

Long live the HTM!

March 17, 2006, 02:11:32 am #4
Suky-San

TV on DVD

Darkwing Duck!? When did that come out on DVD?

TV on DVD here at home we have:

-M*A*S*H (only season one -_-)
-Bob Newhart Show (seasons 1-2)
-Mary Tylor Moore Show (seasons 1-3)
-Seinfeld (seasons 1-3)
-Twilight Zone (not sure which ones)
-One Step Beyond (again, not sure)

Want:

-Lost
-M*A*S*H (seasons 2-9)
-Coach
-Trigun
-Zelda

Wish:

-Sonic SatAM
-Power Rangers (yes, I said it <.> -Pinky & The Brain
-Tiny Toons

Horrible Death:

Almost anything being made now, especially "reality" TV. <.>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Stalwart/ShiningForce-SCD.png' border='0' alt='user posted image' />

March 17, 2006, 05:59:57 am #5
Lakota

TV on DVD

I am shocked! No one named off Ren & Stimpy, Invader Zim, Stargate SG-1, or even Star Trek!?!?!

hehe.... I'm guilty of at least the Invader Zim and Stargate
(I'm not counting the anime, because that list gets long pretty quick)

March 17, 2006, 08:44:09 pm #6
Arcadia Blue

TV on DVD

DVDs that I own and am glad of:
Mystery Science Theater 3000
Firefly
Angel

DVDs that I wish that I owned, or that need to be made into DVDs:
Pirates of Dark Water
Star Wars: Clone Wars
Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (What? Yeah, say ONE thing! I DARE you!)
Beast Wars: Transformers

It seems that I am a fan of shows with colons in their titles.  

DVDs that need to be burned. Along with the people who came up with the idea to turn them into DVDs:

Dragonstorm
Cyber Seduction
Mansquito
Children of Dune
H.P. Lovecraft's: Beyond Re-Animator (as much for blaming poor old Lovecraft for the creation of this monstrosity by attaching his name to it as for its being on DVD)
Faust: Love of the Damned
Threshold
Two Orphan Vampires

March 17, 2006, 09:02:42 pm #7
Sam

TV on DVD

Children of Dune

BAHAHAHA. I wholeheartedly agree. I laugh because my dad has been searching for that on DVD. My dad is a world-class master of all things horrible on film.

I am shocked! No one named off Ren & Stimpy, Invader Zim, Stargate SG-1, or even Star Trek!?!?!

Brooks has Invader Zim and Ren and Stimpy. Also South Park, The Brak Show, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, and Sealab 2021. I'll hafta look s'more when I get home...I swear t'Gawd he's hiding some.

For my wish list I would like to add "Animaniacs" and "8 Simple Rules (For Dating my Teenage Daughter)"
And for anyone interested, I have discovered a TREASURE TROVE of TV DVD goodness. In the toy section of Wal-Mart (ours anyways, but hopefully nationwide) you can find DVDs containing the old-school uncut Looney Tunes. TNT-exploding, gun-shooting, imitatable-violence GOODNESS. They come about 15 cartoons per DVD and they are only ONE DOLLAR each. They're sorted into things like Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck but I've found they're pretty mix-and-match anyways. I've bought 5 so far. *rubs DVDs all over herself* ahhhhh the mayhem.

http://starcrossdrefugees.forumup.us/

March 20, 2006, 06:15:01 pm #8
Mouse

TV on DVD

sam you have the best stuff on dvd. can i come ober?
i really need muppet show and fraggle rock on dvd.

so far i only have home movies seasons 1 to 3 on dvd.

but theres so much i want, this ia a list i want:

the muppet show
fraggle rock
punky brewster
greys anatomy
all those "the best of.." snl dvds (i have will ferrell, so far)
family guy
lain
cowboy bebop

hmm im sure theres more i want.

/insert something witty here.

March 22, 2006, 08:13:59 pm #9
LadyChrisA

TV on DVD

Aside from all the anime titles I want... what I really would love to have on dvd would be:

Doctor Who
Star Trek Next Gen
Angel

Hmmm.. will have to keep thinking

"Have fun stormin' the castle!"
Miracle Max, "The Princess Bride"

November 26, 2009, 02:59:33 pm #10
Photon440

Re: TV on DVD

Quote from: The Destroyer on February 25, 2006, 02:48:31 am
excluding anime, I love to get TV shows on DVD, ones I really enjoy that arent insanely long mind you.  I'd love to get all of farscape, but even at their average price of $120-170, thats 4 seasons +1 movie, which is some 500 dollars I dont have.

I think DVDs are going back up in price when they shouldnt be.  remember when they first came out and they were massivly pricey?  And then they dropped for a while?  They seem to be on their way up, and when it comes to TV series(especially long ones) it makes them WAY overpriced.

I have some ReBoot, Beast Wars and G1 Transformers.  everything else is anime.  And it's soo so expensive!!

No need to worry about the high price of Farscape...the entire series is now available as a low cost box set.  Amazon currently lists it for $97 for the whole thing.

Faster is Better

November 26, 2009, 06:07:40 pm #11
Daemir Silverstreak

Once Again excluding anime (I just don't have the time to list it all):

Have:
Firefly (and Serenity)
Torchwood S1
Quantum Leap S1
Lost S1-3

Want:
Torchwood S2 and miniseries
Doctor Who (all of it)
ST:TNG
ST: Voyager
Red Dwarf (All of it)

Black to Life Outside of Light.
Silver Strife, a Streak in the Night.
Hidden Words and Forgotten Art,
What is the Colour of Silverstreaks Heart?

Jesus may be your homeboy, but Thor is my Bitch!

April 10, 2010, 02:54:04 pm #12
tihli2003

I have:

Venture Bros (3 seasons)

Smallville (8 seasons)

Burn Notice (2 seasons)

TMNT (The SatAM cartoon and 3 movies)

Glee

Roswell (3 seasons)

Live life not as you wish, but as you desire.

April 10, 2010, 06:34:13 pm #13
matrim

have
-Stargate: Atlantis S 1-4
-Night court S1

want
-Stargate Atlantis S5-6
-Firefly
-Red dwarf
-ST:TNG
-ST:Voyager
and many many others.

In the night the shadows call
In the shadows one and all
The Dragon's four arise this night
Fire, Water, Earth, and Light

Long Live The On-line Revolution!!!!!

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

theme_by Webtechnica.net
MySQL PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC XHTML 1.0 CSS