Star Cross'd Destiny Community
August 04, 2008, 08:30:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: SCD now on WOWIO in FULL COLOR:
http://www.wowio.com/users/product.asp?BookId=3518

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your car  (Read 13329 times)
Schrodingers_Cat
tourist

Re: What's your car
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2007, 03:14:56 AM »

Quote from: ChaosIGuess on August 07, 2007, 04:28:43 AM
Mark 3 Toyota Supra.

Sweet.  I had an '86.5.  It did indeed feel big and unwieldy, but I sure did love it just the same.

Currently I'm ponying around town in a 2000 Mustang GT.  Some day I'll clean it up a bit and take a picture or two.
*sigh*  Someday...
Silverain
n'awlins local

wide-eyed mystified

« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2007, 05:09:25 PM »

I has no car.  I has King County Metro.  But they never let me drive 'em, no matter how nicely I ask.  ^^    (Eh, just as well, who wants to drive a giant-ass bus.  Even with those special zones they get, they must be hell to park.  Plus you have to stop and pick up all those weirdos who expect you to give them rides all over the city.  I hear the pay and benefits are really good, though.)

Used to drive a 5-speed 1995 Toyota Camry, which belongs to my parents.  Basic sedan, nothin' special, but it was nice when it was new.  It is a testament to the endurance of Toyota vehicles that that sucker put up with a family roadtrip, two teenagers learning how to drive on it (and one or two crashes), plus months and years of a 40-mile daily commute in rush hour traffic ... it's gone through several sets of brake pads, three new clutches and the latest one is weak now, though.  Blame my brother, he's tough on cars.  Up until it was left in a garage for a year, it still started reliably and ran jut fine.  It is remarkably patient with people who abuse it.

Over 12+ years and 180k miles, it's degraded from shiny new to more or less a "beater," but I love it still.  It sits all alone now, waiting until somebody goes to the trouble of selling it.  (My parents eventually bought a new car without disposing of the Camry first.)  If I had the money and the need for a vehicle, I'd buy it off my parents and fix up the worn-out bits and treasure it forever.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 05:12:06 PM by Silverain » Logged

Pancake Ninja
*Candidate for GNTP President*
tyrone
street musician

oooo.........gamervision

« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2007, 12:33:59 AM »

well i hate to admit this but i blow up both my 89 capris and 86 feiro. i finally broke down and bot my dads 81 cutless, but there is a up side to it. its got a 318 with a four barral carb, three inch egsost manafolds. she may look like shit! but she doesnt run like it! Smiley

when praying to the computer gods you must repeatedly say omena omena untill something happens!
Oscuro
street musician

« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2007, 08:20:51 AM »

Uhhh.....Cutlass is a GM product....318 is a Chrysler/Dodge engine....?
Oddball swap?

Photon440
street musician

« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2007, 11:45:57 PM »

Quote from: Oscuro on October 28, 2007, 08:20:51 AM
Uhhh.....Cutlass is a GM product....318 is a Chrysler/Dodge engine....?
Oddball swap?

Oscuro's right.  If you have a V-8 Cutlass from '81, it should have an Olds 307 in it, or possibly a Chevy 305.

Take pictures and show us Smiley

-=Photon=-

Faster is Better
knight_zombie
underpaid hobo

i the new admin jk lol

« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2008, 11:14:08 AM »

its a Chevy 305 board out a little. will i own a pos but hopfully that will change so because i bought a 350 twin turbo( i need to back to school) that i got to fix inside of a Geo metro i hate that thing

The knights r the net
tyrone
street musician

oooo.........gamervision

« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2008, 06:48:49 PM »

oscuro your right on the money with that guess

when praying to the computer gods you must repeatedly say omena omena untill something happens!
drgnladyblue
tourist

« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2008, 09:21:51 PM »

1993 Saturn SL - goldish color, in really decent shape, only 72,000 miles (ftw!!), has sleeper potential (eventually ^_^;)

I'd post pics in the appropriate area, but unfortunately I'm at college in Iceberg...I mean Rexburg, ID and it's not much to look at right now.
NIghthawke
street musician

« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2008, 06:17:50 PM »

Well, the signifigant cars I've owed were these two.  all the others were (to me) not worth mentioning.

1969 Olds Cutlass ragtop.  Red with a black top and interior.  Hurst 4 speed, Edelbrock mid-rise intake with a holly 650 dual feed (after market).  Hooker headers, Ladder traction bars, re-worked heads and a slightly radical cam.  It was a 350 cid wedge.  I cried when I had to sell it

Current ride is a 2005 green Mustang Deluxe coupe.  It's the 200HP 6 with  a few minor adjustments to the chip, but I'm going to drop a supercharger on it soon.  That should get me up to 300+ HP.  Ah, I do love drivin in Arizona Smiley  Lots of open, low traffic roads.

Inara: "What did I say to you about barging into my shuttle?"
Mal: "That it was manly and impulsive?"
Inara: "Yes, precisely. Except the exact phrase I used was 'don't'."

Firefly
Photon440
street musician

« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2008, 01:15:23 AM »

Quote from: NIghthawke on February 08, 2008, 06:17:50 PM
Well, the signifigant cars I've owed were these two.  all the others were (to me) not worth mentioning.

1969 Olds Cutlass ragtop.  Red with a black top and interior.  Hurst 4 speed, Edelbrock mid-rise intake with a holly 650 dual feed (after market).  Hooker headers, Ladder traction bars, re-worked heads and a slightly radical cam.  It was a 350 cid wedge.  I cried when I had to sell it

Current ride is a 2005 green Mustang Deluxe coupe.  It's the 200HP 6 with  a few minor adjustments to the chip, but I'm going to drop a supercharger on it soon.  That should get me up to 300+ HP.  Ah, I do love drivin in Arizona Smiley  Lots of open, low traffic roads.

Oh, I sure hope you are able to post a few good pictures of that Cutlass convertible here!!!

Faster is Better
Juno
ragin' cagun sparkplug!
Administrator
scd cult

da starcross'd destinies you sweep under your feet

« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2008, 11:22:01 PM »

Amending my cars:
SOLD:
Dodge Magnum
Dodge Shelby Daytona
Dodge Daytona Pacifica

Yeah, I know.   I'm gonna miss my babies.  But they're with my dad so they're not too far away.

NEW:
1999 Dodge Neon RT

KEPT:
1978 Camaro (Rally) - Like I could sell my baby girl - bad engine or no.
2003 Buell Blast - because... well... it's not worth anything. :/

All that selling and I still have no money to fix the ones I have.  Damn you recession. 

Mach
tourist

« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2008, 07:24:45 AM »

As of today I don't have a car, I do have a 2002 ZX-636 though.

Although I did see a Mach 1 Mustang on the road today and a Morgan Areo 8, Yep today  was a good day

"It's time to toss the dice"
Motto of the band of the red hand
Wheel Of Time
dueeast
tourist

Coffee is my friend!

« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2008, 10:58:16 AM »

We bought a 1996 Plymouth Voyager minivan in 2000. Even though it's had transmission work twice, the engine is still good and the thing gets 23mpg in the city and 33mpg on the highway. It's not the prettiest thing to look at but it runs (and pretty well) and it's helping us at the gas pump, at least. It's tried to die a couple of times over the last few years but it's a trooper, we keep bringing it back. So, even if it ends up eventually being a 2nd car, I think we'll keep it till it blows up. Smiley

Allen S.
Co-writer and artist,
Due East
Chia
street musician

Music makes the world go round!

« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2008, 10:53:11 PM »

1999 toyota camry
its just a hand-me-down though.  If I ever do get a decent job, though its not really my first thing on my list, I maybe get another one.  However this one is fair...not great, but fair.
I am going to be taking my driving test tomarrow...so nervous
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 10:55:14 PM by Chia » Logged

Come check us out!  We have donuts!!^^

*chomp*

Eh....not anymore...
dmizer
Say, that's a fine looking cat you've got there...
Administrator
scd cult

keeper of the sacred words: meh, bah, and indeed.

« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2008, 02:16:44 AM »

Quote from: Chia on July 25, 2008, 10:53:11 PM
I am going to be taking my driving test tomarrow...so nervous
just be glad you didn't have to take it here in japan.

i've been driving for more than 20 years now, and i failed miserably.

You're like a fountain of information that noone cares to know. XP

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.5 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS