Star Cross'd Destiny Community
October 21, 2007, 12:01:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Play Forum Games responsibly!!!  Officer Dmizer is watching!!!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your car  (Read 7973 times)
Schrodingers_Cat
tourist

Re: What's your car
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2007, 03:14:56 AM »

Quote from: ChaosIGuess on August 07, 2007, 04:28:43 AM
Mark 3 Toyota Supra.

Sweet.  I had an '86.5.  It did indeed feel big and unwieldy, but I sure did love it just the same.

Currently I'm ponying around town in a 2000 Mustang GT.  Some day I'll clean it up a bit and take a picture or two.
*sigh*  Someday...
Silverain
bourbon st drunk

wide-eyed mystified

« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2007, 05:09:25 PM »

I has no car.  I has King County Metro.  But they never let me drive 'em, no matter how nicely I ask.  ^^    (Eh, just as well, who wants to drive a giant-ass bus.  Even with those special zones they get, they must be hell to park.  Plus you have to stop and pick up all those weirdos who expect you to give them rides all over the city.  I hear the pay and benefits are really good, though.)

Used to drive a 5-speed 1995 Toyota Camry, which belongs to my parents.  Basic sedan, nothin' special, but it was nice when it was new.  It is a testament to the endurance of Toyota vehicles that that sucker put up with a family roadtrip, two teenagers learning how to drive on it (and one or two crashes), plus months and years of a 40-mile daily commute in rush hour traffic ... it's gone through several sets of brake pads, three new clutches and the latest one is weak now, though.  Blame my brother, he's tough on cars.  Up until it was left in a garage for a year, it still started reliably and ran jut fine.  It is remarkably patient with people who abuse it.

Over 12+ years and 180k miles, it's degraded from shiny new to more or less a "beater," but I love it still.  It sits all alone now, waiting until somebody goes to the trouble of selling it.  (My parents eventually bought a new car without disposing of the Camry first.)  If I had the money and the need for a vehicle, I'd buy it off my parents and fix up the worn-out bits and treasure it forever.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 05:12:06 PM by Silverain » Logged

Pancake Ninja
*Candidate for GNTP President*
tyrone
street musician

« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2007, 12:33:59 AM »

well i hate to admit this but i blow up both my 89 capris and 86 feiro. i finally broke down and bot my dads 81 cutless, but there is a up side to it. its got a 318 with a four barral carb, three inch egsost manafolds. she may look like shit! but she doesnt run like it! Smiley

if your neighbors keep complaining about the noise turn it up louder till they move away!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS