Star Cross'd Destiny Community
October 30, 2007, 11:21:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News: Play Forum Games responsibly!!!  Officer Dmizer is watching!!!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saddest Anime Moments  (Read 2407 times)
ShakKen
n'awlins local

Re: Saddest Anime Moments
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2006, 06:31:18 PM »

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2ng gig episode 11 brings a tear to my eye each time I watch it.

Machine Abuse - Deviantart - The Secret Place
Semper Athenae
breremarer
bourbon st drunk

I am jack's smirking revenge

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2006, 09:28:36 AM »

A few different parts of Fruits Basket made me become a little misty-eyed, but most of all was the backstory of Hatori. That was just...really sad. The ending of that show almost made me cry as well, albeit for a different reason.

I also think Voices of a Distant star goes without saying.

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
Heavy-arms
tourist

Wing Zero Meets the Reaper

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2007, 10:13:44 PM »

Three words; Full Metal Alchemist.  I just bought the movie :

" The difference between stupidity and genious is that genius has it's limits" Albert Einstein

The definition of madness is doing the same thing multiple times and expecting different results
Heavy-arms
tourist

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2007, 10:21:44 PM »

But there is also Yu Yu Hakusho where the younger Toguro chooses to go to the most extreme depths of Hell, even though he's only llearned a light penalty.  Plus Outlaw Star, when Jim meets the little girl sent to kill his team, doesn;t realize who she is, kills her in space combat, and eagerly awaits their date later in the afternoon. 

" The difference between stupidity and genious is that genius has it's limits" Albert Einstein

The definition of madness is doing the same thing multiple times and expecting different results
shandromand
street musician

Socially Maladjusted Misanthrope

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2007, 07:47:53 PM »

I haven't got that kind of mileage just yet, but here's my top 3:

1.  RahXephon - When Haruka dies, near the end.  If you watch the credits through the end of the last episode, you also get an easter egg of young Ayato sitting on a beach, drawing the girl we've come to know as Reika Mishima, who introduces herself as Haruka Mishima.  I don't know about you folks, but that really messed me up after watching the whole show through.

2.  Chobits - At the end of episode 12 or 13, Hideki catches Shimbo with Miss Shimizu.  You hear rain and nothing else, then it fades, and you hear Hideki go 'Shh!'  This is where the credits roll song changed to Ningyohime.  The whole thing reminded me of something similar that happened a long time ago.  I had to not watch the show for a couple of days after that.

3.  Love Hina - This particular show had quite a few moments worthy of mention, but the one that stands out clearest in my mind is the Christmas Special.  Poor Keitaro has put himself through all kinds of trouble (well, more than usual anyway) to give Naru a Christmas present, only to find her giving a present (and presumably thanks to the rest of the gang, her heart) to her old high-school professor.  Defeated, he hobbles out of the hotel.  Fortunately for Keitaro, he got a happy ending - some of us aren't that fortunate.  Some of the dynamic between him and Motoko reminds me of those days, but this scene underscores it best.

30 years and I still manage to find stuff that makes me feel like I'm 15 all over again.  I don't guess that'll ever change.

"Lift up the receiver, I'll make you a believer."

Aero
bourbon st drunk

Vega's ciggarete supplier....

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2007, 11:53:23 AM »

more of a pissy moment then a sad moment... When Hot Ice Hilda dies in Outlaw star... she was the coolest character ever... but to die a loner? thats harsh..

That may not seem sad... but it makes me hurt inside.

Goodwish/badwish game

Aero: I wish I could meet Vega in person ^_^
Tyrone: granted!  he shows at your door with a cake.

Wow! Sure are nice people in teh world ^_^
Desperado
cajun mafia

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2007, 10:46:17 PM »

I thought that Wolfwood dying, that kinda made me tear up, he had a baby on the way too! Not to mention REM dying also.

"Unlike the humans, who call you beast, there is no violence in your heart. No hint of avarice, no smoldering hate! Yet man, who has won dominion over all this world, is a stranger to peace — a prisoner, caught in the web of his own nameless fears." - The Silver Surfer
dark_wolf
street musician

as I draw my last breath, the voices fall silent

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2007, 05:27:00 AM »

*sigh* sniff..... dam.. all the momens I can think off have been mentioned......

UM..... well most of the Warrior-god's story out of Nausica... you can help but feel sad for what is in all affects a child trying to protect it's mother

Perception of a reality is as important as the reality it’s self
If you control the perception, you can control the reality

"Success is often not chance opportunity, it is to prepare for chance" - the Cerulean

Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.  - Philip K. Dick
kamaga
underpaid hobo

I tend to kill forum topics :(

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2007, 11:30:10 PM »

Hmm...

Fate/Stay Night (anime adaption)- All my friends say that the whole ending in general is sad, but I didn't find it sad until at the very end when Sakura mentions Saber liking the food (or something to that effect)

.hack//SIGN- When Sora dies in-game and goes into a coma

.hack//ROOTS- When Shino dies in-game and goes into a coma (  if you read the one above this)

Gundam Seed- When Kira has to defeat Andrew Waltfeld, and when Athrun's father is killed.

Gundam Seed Destiny- When Kira kills Heine Westenfluss only in about an hour or two after his introduction to the series, and when Stella dies (all the while thinking Shinn will protect her from death)

Elfen Lied- When Kaede's puppy is bludgeoned to death (though the moments after that were quite enjoyable Cheesy )

Yum.
defeKt0r
underpaid hobo

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2007, 04:38:20 AM »

Bebop: The end of the Jupiter Jazz set, and from when Spike dies through the credits.
Metropolis:  Tima's final words.
Trigun:  Wolfwood dying.  That whole scene was just too powerful.
Macross Plus: Guld's death was pretty sad, even though I still hated him.  Same with Sharon Apple.
Macross Zero: Nukes.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 04:41:17 AM by defeKt0r » Logged

/Systemic failure. Protocol breached./
/Rebooting.../
/Reboot failed. Host process terminated./
/Primary stack compromised. Routing through secondary./
/Unable to reroute core processes./
/System bypass imminent. Adjust byp₦&¤Δə
̊ΐΞ+failUre$¶†◊##myqSe7##rf≠◦∞□@
//End of AwarenessLog.18432//
Heavy-arms
tourist

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2007, 08:48:23 PM »

I know it's a bit belated, but I think the saddest anime moment is on Outlaw Star when Jim's new system to combat Hamiyo's Grappler succeed's and he kills her without realizing what he's deprived himself of.  It's followed by a wordless montage in which he is waiting for her and doesn't see her and trades some words with Gene later.   

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by m3talc0re. Powered by SMF 1.1.3 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines LLC MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS