convention artists community
January 19, 2009, 06:07:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 4. Taking Credit Cards for small businesses
https://starcrossd.net/akon/index.php?topic=869

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Condfw 2009 Feb 20-22 Richardson Texas  (Read 214 times)
hp

View Profile WWW
Re: Condfw 2009 Feb 20-22 Richardson Texas
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009, 11:12:45 PM »

ok cool! i was just wondering.  i probably wouldn't bring any of my fanart since it's a sci-fi/fantasy con, i was just wondering what the policy was.

hpslashlover.deviantart.com (fanart, cartoons)
Starrydance

Kupo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2009, 11:19:10 PM »

Its a good question, wish I was brave enough to ask =p
Steven Heinrich
Inspiring Others to Find their Voice
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 03:38:43 PM »

They follow the same as A-kon.  Amie (the Condfw Director, is one of the top A-kon people, AND she is the one that taught me how to run an Artist Alley)...

The money is a bit more at Condfw, as there are mostly adults, since it is a literary (90% of the panels are oriented on writing/getting published/developing a story, etc...) convention.  For really nice work, they are willing to pay, as they appreciate quality.  You'll sell more original items than fanart.  Most of the people have no clue who Naruto or Bleach are, nor do they care.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 08:10:09 PM by Steven Heinrich » Logged

"All glory comes from daring to begin."

My personal website:
http://whipsforeplay.com/
Starrydance

Kupo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 06:41:29 PM »

Ah, thanks Steven! Im really hoping I do well there - I dont really have a huge amount of pure fantasy work yet. Working on it, but its a work in progress.

At least I can talk all the books (Im an avid reader) =3
Steven Heinrich
Inspiring Others to Find their Voice
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 08:15:28 PM »

Sci-fi, fantasy, horror, gothic punk, swords, whips, books, leather molded masks, jewelry, kimonos, hair pins, chainmail items...this is primarily what you'll see.  It isn't a dealers room like A-kon size, just small and enjoyable...pretty neat, a dealers room that is more like an AA (how people behave and watch over each other).

Condfw is so cool, because you can just sit down and chat with authors that you idolize.  Where else could you say buy Robert Asprin a drink?  Or go and sit down after a panel and just hang out with Lee Martindale?

It's a very unique and highly enjoyable convention.  I'm really bummed that I'm not getting to go.

Again, these are adults and they appreciate quality.  Really beautiful art will sell above fan art that would sell at an anime convention.

"All glory comes from daring to begin."

My personal website:
http://whipsforeplay.com/
hp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: Today at 02:40:52 AM »

all right! thanks for the info.  i actually have just gotten a illustration job from a major rpg book publisher, so i've started to read up on that kinda d&d type stuff.  and i love fantasy/sci-fi so i think it would be fun just to go and at least hang out Cheesy 

hpslashlover.deviantart.com (fanart, cartoons)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: