convention artists community
March 29, 2008, 07:14:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2. New YMCA Arts & Humanities program, contact Steven
https://starcrossd.net/akon/index.php?topic=753.0

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: t-shirt contest?  (Read 54 times)
hp

View Profile WWW
t-shirt contest?
« on: March 27, 2008, 08:19:16 PM »

I heard they always choose the same person anyways each year, but is anyone entering the t-shirt contest? It's due next week.

hpslashlover.deviantart.com (fanart, cartoons)
Ladre

View Profile WWW
Re: t-shirt contest?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 12:23:00 AM »

I entered forever ago =P I tend to get excited and jump into things way too early.

I e-mailed my entry to the 2 addresses listed, one responded with "I'll let so-and-so get back to you." So-and-so being the other address, which never got back to me. But I don't even like my entry any more (cliche, oh lawd is it ever cliche. What was I thinking? I'd be embarrassed if it got picked for anything), so I really don't care... I forgot that it was due next week though. I'm not sure if they choose the same person every year, last year being my first A-kon to attend. I knew the guy who did last year's though, through deviantArt. I only entered cause a friend convinced me to and it sounded like fun. I know one of my online buddies from Canada just finished and sent in her entry as well (santheas on dA). She's not actually even coming to A-Kon though, so I'm not sure what she'd do with the perks
hp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 12:28:46 AM »

which address actually answered you?

anyways i wanna see your picture! ^^ 

well i think a guy does at least some of the con designs every year, cuz it said on his elfwood page.

pinkfairywand
pinku geeku
Global Moderator

butts lol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 12:29:46 AM »

Quote from: hp on March 28, 2008, 12:28:46 AM
which address actually answered you?

anyways i wanna see your picture! ^^ 

well i think a guy does at least some of the con designs every year, cuz it said on his elfwood page.

No no that guy does the BADGES every year, and I think like the staff shirts. The actual con shirts are up to the contest.

I was going to enter but then I remembered that I CAN'T DRAW D:

pinkfairywand hooray
Ladre

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 03:53:59 AM »

oi I'm an idiot xD For some reason, I was thinking of the guy that did the art for the cover of the booklet thingy. I don't know where I got tshirt from *moron*

I don't know what the shirt looked like then lol~ my bad. I need sleep.

The address that responded was... lemme go look... o I forgot about this. I actually sent in a rough draft to Mike Battle () and he replied saying it looked good. When I finished I sent it to both him and Meri Davis (), and she replied with "That's a really nice piece, thanks for sending it. I'll let our webmaster/art director Mike talk with you about usages, but personally I like it." But Mike never sent me anything so... whatever =/ I'm sure it's fine, and like I said, I don't really care anymore.
hp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 08:09:19 AM »

thanks for the info! erghhh i'll never finish... Sad  i have a hard time drawing like ANIME style haha. and there's a tshirt contest going on at work too for the movie and it's due the day after a-kon's Sad

does anyone have a link to an actual a-kon t-shirt design?

edit: nvm i found it
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 08:12:05 AM by hp » Logged

elfkid

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 04:24:45 PM »

I'm entering! I haven't finished tho... 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: