convention artists community
March 31, 2008, 03:02:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 3. How to change the color of your forum board:
https://starcrossd.net/akon/index.php?topic=750.msg7630#new

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how was anime matsuri  (Read 95 times)
tachiik

View Profile WWW
how was anime matsuri
« on: March 24, 2008, 01:05:28 PM »

just wondering.
neverblue

View Profile
Re: how was anime matsuri
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 11:49:42 PM »

i didn't have any big problems with the staff. the gaming area down the hall was....uh....in need of some responsible security workers, though. alot of unchecked hallway clogging. not a real problem, but still irritating.

sales were mediocre. artist alley placement was pretty good. not really any dead spots. art show placement was HORRIBLE. i'm glad i didn't put any pieces in.

they mailed out pre-reged badges, which i thought was a pretty smart (and pretty obvious) move, so it took my friend all of 30 seconds to get his badge at 10am saturday morning.

i'll probably go back if they have one next year. but that's only because i live in  houston. i wouldn't travel for this con.
bigbigtruck

strawberry in an ostrich throat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 12:48:38 PM »

So... the verdict is better than last year (which, granted, is like saying "better than a root canal"), but not worth traveling for?  :/  Oh well.

I can has backpart? I can has peach?
Im in ur rolled trousers walkin on ur beach
neverblue

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 09:53:26 PM »

yeeeah XD pretty much. the not wort traveling for part was mostly because i thought it was a pretty small con that only seemed big because everyone was smushed together. i think i would have had a hard time making a profit if i had stayed in a hotel, and i had alot of stuff to sell this time (enough to cover a table and a half).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: