convention artists community
December 11, 2007, 11:19:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2.  Submit your work using Copic Markers to their online gallery

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Refunds for A-Kon 2007  (Read 65 times)
bratkitty

View Profile
Refunds for A-Kon 2007
« on: December 02, 2007, 09:41:29 PM »

Hi, I'm not sure who to contact for this since it's been a while.
*ahem* Well I emailed Steven back at the end of April saying I wouldn't be able to make it to AKon and asked if my money for the table could be refunded. Another person helping Steven replied (I don't remember who because I seem to have lost that email) a few days later saying I would get my refund after the con was over.
So I waited until after the con was over and asked again, no replies. I've sent emails a couple of times since then and got no reply.
I just read in the archives here that Steven quit Akon back in May, which I did not know about until now.
I'm a little frustrated and confused. Looking back on it, I probably haven't even been sending my emails in the right place. But I didn't know that because I don't even know who I'm supposed to get ahold of anymore.

I normally like to handle things like this discreetly, but I'm just at a loss for what to do about it anymore and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I appreciate it greatly. Smiley

Thanks!
Spizzy
NEWSFLASH: I'M MEAN
Administrator

UPDATE: STILL MEAN!

View Profile WWW
Re: Refunds for A-Kon 2007
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 12:38:19 AM »

I think part of the thing with refunds was that they could be claimed at the con--though if people didn't get a table most wouldn't go, so I'm not sure how they were handled. You should still contact Steven (through his profile on here: https://starcrossd.net/akon/index.php?action=profile;u=3) about it I think since he's the only one that will be able to get it for you or direct you to the right people. You could perhaps even email A-kon staff about it as well, because of the fact that he doesn't work for them anymore but the cancellation was prior to his quitting.

bratkitty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 11:47:42 AM »

Thanks, I'll try that. Smiley
Steven Heinrich
Inspiring Others to Find their Voice
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 09:38:48 AM »

All requests for refunds were turned in to the people that are in charge of the financial aspects of the convention.

Several of the issues with refunds have been the alteration of people's emails, without them passing on the information that they changed email accounts.

I worked A-kon, and took care of several refunds AT the convention.

Your information also may have gotten misplaced when the A-kon computers crashed.  Please contact Phoenix Sales through the A-kon website and they will assist you.

Steven

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.  It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.  We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
-Albert Schweitzer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: