convention artists community
December 08, 2007, 03:05:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2.  Submit your work using Copic Markers to their online gallery

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Type of art allowed for sale.  (Read 113 times)
Cosmos

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2007, 11:22:03 AM »

Hi,
I have a quick question before trying to get on the list for 2008 AA.  Is there a restriction on the type of art that can be sold at A-Kon?  I sell engraving/scratch art ( see http://www.cosmosstudio.net/foils.shtml for an example ).  Some cons have told me that I'm unable to sell in their AA because of this, so I would like to check A-Kon's policy before trying to get a table.

Thanks.
Loriofpandora
Administrator

Pink: the anti-goth!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 01:00:33 PM »

Well, I don't run A-kon. Claudia does. But if you were applying for Sakura-con (the one I *do* run) I'd have to tell you no.

Not because of the medium, which I think is amazingly awesome and unique, but because all i see is etching of official art-work. Fanart is one thing, direct eyeballing is something totally different.

Just my opinion, take it FWIW.
Spizzy
NEWSFLASH: I'M MEAN
Administrator

UPDATE: STILL MEAN!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 01:03:12 PM »

Like lori said, the medium isn't the problem here.

There was a person in the alley this past year that did litho scratch work engravings. I think I can safetly say you can sell ANYTHING you want at a-kon as long as you made/drew/photographed/constructed it (therefore, NOT copied, traced, or eyeballed from official or other artists works) and it isn't illegal.

tachiik

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 09:08:39 AM »

that looks really neat!!! i see glass etching very often in the art show/auction but never in the artist alley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: