convention artists community
October 31, 2007, 09:03:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please do NOT contact Steven about Ikkikon.
https://starcrossd.net/akon/index.php?topic=612.msg6606#msg6606

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ikkicon, February 8-10, 2008  (Read 962 times)
meauho

View Profile WWW
Re: Ikkicon, February 8-10, 2008
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2007, 12:18:08 AM »

Well, I cant say if Ikki is sold out or not... but, having seen where they were talking about putting the AA, I could believe it.  The AA is right in the middle of everything; good for traffic, bad for space.  There really wasnt as much room for AA as there was last year. 

Of course, this was the plan as of May, so they may have expanded it to other areas.
bigbigtruck

strawberry in an ostrich throat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2007, 01:13:50 AM »

Quote from: Spizzy on October 03, 2007, 05:11:12 PM
I find ikkicon being sold out VERY hard to believe. Especially considering what PFW said. The only place I had seen the form is when Ves posted it here, then was asked to take it down. Last year I didn't sign up for it until  December, maybe even January. Plus  in light of the oni-con ordeal, I don't trust any information in regards to table avaliability from HT.

What, for real? He had to take it down? What.

Also, you got a table in January?  I couldn't get a straight answer on table availability for most of December AND January, then heard the tables were all gone by November. What x2.

Anyway, I sent in my check in August/early Sept, so...

I can has backpart? I can has peach?
Im in ur rolled trousers walkin on ur beach
Verastegui

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2007, 06:30:59 AM »

Yeah, I posted back when the this thread was on its first page.  I was asked to take it down.

Don't really know why, but he said something along the lines of not knowing who's on the list or something like that.

With all that going on and AnimeFEST, I decided to not even bother with neither Ikkicon nor Onicon.  I'm just gonna aim for STAPLE, which is a month after Ikkicon in Austin.

WRRRYYYYYYYYYY!!!
Spizzy
NEWSFLASH: I'M MEAN
Administrator

UPDATE: STILL MEAN!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2007, 09:45:08 AM »

Quote from: bigbigtruck on October 04, 2007, 01:13:50 AM
Quote from: Spizzy on October 03, 2007, 05:11:12 PM
I find ikkicon being sold out VERY hard to believe. Especially considering what PFW said. The only place I had seen the form is when Veras posted it here, then was asked to take it down. Last year I didn't sign up for it until  December, maybe even January. Plus  in light of the oni-con ordeal, I don't trust any information in regards to table avaliability from HT.

What, for real? He had to take it down? What.

Also, you got a table in January?  I couldn't get a straight answer on table availability for most of December AND January, then heard the tables were all gone by November. What x2.

my bad--I actually went and checked my bank history and seems the check for my ikkicon table was cashed on halloween. But I saw other people there that said they didn't register for it until sometime in the nov/dec range.

bigbigtruck

strawberry in an ostrich throat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2007, 08:17:38 PM »

Quote from: Spizzy on October 04, 2007, 09:45:08 AM

my bad--I actually went and checked my bank history and seems the check for my ikkicon table was cashed on halloween. But I saw other people there that said they didn't register for it until sometime in the nov/dec range.

Okay, Nov/Dec makes a lot more sense.

I still don't get why having registration info available to the public isn't a desirable situation, but hey.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 08:23:33 PM by bigbigtruck » Logged

I can has backpart? I can has peach?
Im in ur rolled trousers walkin on ur beach
pinkfairywand
PINKU GEEKU
Global Moderator

BEARS. BEETS. BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2007, 10:29:46 AM »

For those wondering, the guy (Mike?) in charge of Ikki-con is very nice, personable, and customer (us!!) oriented. Smiley

pinkfairywand hooray
Spizzy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2007, 12:11:43 PM »

I actually took a look at the ikkicon website and noticed this on the news:

10-6-2007The Pre-Registration prices have increase to $32.00 per person starting today.

We will be going to Oni-Con with Special Pre-Reg Prices, raffles, and much more.

Don't forget to book your hotel room now before its too late. Goto the Location page, for information on booking your room(Free cookies with every room).

Events List/info, Artist Alley, Ad, and Sponcership info coming soon.

as in, there shouldn't be anyone with the information just yet, seeing as how it still isn't on the website, so therefore shouldn't be sold out...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 01:10:47 PM by Spizzy » Logged

Chrislea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2007, 12:12:04 AM »

Sponsorship was misspelled... 6.6;;;;  Gaaaah, why can't I just overlook these silly things?!  T-T
pinkfairywand
PINKU GEEKU
Global Moderator

BEARS. BEETS. BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2007, 08:14:52 AM »

Quote from: Chrislea on October 12, 2007, 12:12:04 AM
Sponsorship was misspelled... 6.6;;;;  Gaaaah, why can't I just overlook these silly things?!  T-T

That's how he spells sponsor: Sponcer.

pinkfairywand hooray
Juno
NINJA ADMIN
Administrator

I make angst look good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2007, 10:06:31 AM »

Quote from: Chrislea on September 13, 2007, 04:02:51 PM
Come to think of it, this will be the first time I've attended a con in the winter months.  Will people in long-sleeved costumes actually look comfortable?? 

Oh yeah, no.  Not at all.  We had belly dancers last year.  The only thing that kept this from being hilariously entertaining is the fact that they screamed like babies everytime they got back inside or were heading outside.  Truly unpleasant.

Girls, cars and the ability to make your mama cry - doing so since 2003 - you just don't remember me! Wink
tachiik

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »

hey hey ^_^ i haven't been back to a ausin Con since Ushi con went away. how is Ikki con in genearl
Spizzy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2007, 01:28:14 PM »

AWESOME IN A BAG.

It's only had one year though, and it was an AMAZIN' first year.

tachiik

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2007, 01:40:17 PM »

A BAG?!!! NO S**T!!!! confidence totally puffed now. now...i'm just going to do my table chant

« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 11:43:27 AM by Spizzy » Logged
Steven Heinrich
Inspiring Others to Find their Voice
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2007, 07:03:45 AM »

Please do NOT call me about Ikkikon.

I understand that virtually all of the contact phone numbers given out last year (except mine) are shut off, but I am NOT working with that convention. 

I hate to be rude, but it uses up my phone minutes to have to call people back and explain that to people.

They have a website, however, they seem to be disinclined to allow any links or posting of forms for their convention on this forum, so you will need to do a search for it.

I am neutral, neither positive or negative about it for 2008.

Hightower, the person that ran the artist alley for Onicon, is the director for Ikkikon this year.
https://starcrossd.net/akon/index.php?topic=476.180
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 07:05:17 AM by Steven Heinrich » Logged

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.  It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.  We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
-Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: