convention artists community
November 11, 2007, 05:40:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2.  Submit your work using Copic Markers to their online gallery

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fev's WIP pile-- *56K warning, multiple images* -update 11-7-  (Read 776 times)
hp

View Profile WWW
Re: Fev's WIP pile-- *56K warning, multiple images* -update 8-25-
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 09:34:15 AM »

The hair on the last post is really nice Cheesy:D

Do you have Painter 10.5?  It's a free upgrade if you have Painter 10.  It has this REALLY nice automatic backup system.  First if your comp crashes, it doesn't close immediately, it senses it's about to crash...and then it asks you if you would like to close Painter, save the file, or keep working.  When you save the file it doesn't merge it or do weird things with it like old versions of Painter or Photoshop do.  Also whenever you save over a file (you should always save up though), it automatically creates a backup file.  Then everytime you save over that, it will replace the last backup file with a new one.  So, if you are like me and save the file as a low res jpeg to show other ppl, and then save over it...you will always have that backup file that you can go back to.  Cuz in the past I was always like FCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK when I saved over a perfect painting accidentally as a flattened, low res jpeg.

But then there are those times when Windows automatically updates your comp and restarts it without giving you time to save...or you get the blue screen...

hpslashlover.deviantart.com (fanart, cartoons)
fev!
i like chocolate milk
Global Moderator

..huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 11:10:13 AM »

no, unfortunately i only have painter 9, and i can't afford to get 10 or 10.5..
its actually not the computer that crashes.. i think my compie crashed twice... EVER (just jinxed myself).. its just Painter.. ut looks like it happens when I'm adjusting the size of the brush..if its like, a captured brush, and the slider maxes out the size, it freezes, then usually completely disappears. like POOF. its effin gone, like i never even had it on.. tis annoying.. I've been making it a point to push the ol' save button every 20 minutes now..

mah, oh well

www.fevereon.deviantart.com/
hp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 01:32:24 PM »

you can always dl it ^^

but painter is only $99 if you can find a student to buy it for you or if you are a student.

i had the crappiest comp ever and yes, i found painter to be QUITE annoying when it crashed....it also corrupted files quite often, so it wasn't just a matter of saving it, but worrying if somehow it would get corrupted.  i learned to just sigh when a month's worth of work was gone.  but yeah the other thing about the new painter is that it's a lot faster, so if you use special brushes that take up a lot of memory (anything with bristles or that drips) it's TONS faster.  if you are into using the oil brushes their new oil brushes are a lot nicer.

but i'm not trying to force you or anything =P  just to tell you that getting the new version was SOOO much nicer.

fev!
i like chocolate milk
Global Moderator

..huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 07:04:19 PM »

This was what i was working on while at Dragon*con this past weekend when I was there on Friday and Monday .. an earlier wip that was lost to the angry Painter gods who punished me for not saving often was calling.... finish meee.. finish meeeeeeee.....

Suggestions for a bg are more than welcome (coming up dry there T_T ), but aiming to have this piece depicting his wanderer/loner nature.. hm.. maybe some kind of path thing through the mountains or something equally loner/desolate/dunno XD
..and aiming to finish him in time for Anime Weekend Atlanta

yeah.... them pants gotta go.. thats what I get for painting at a rave at 5 in the morning while hopped up on Caffeine.. z0mgravepantslulz :p

van_maniac

View Profile WWW
Re: Fev's WIP pile-- *56K warning, multiple images* -update 9-3-
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007, 09:07:49 PM »

Your art and style is to die for.............I just drool looking at them.

Bows down!! Shocked

http://geocities.com/van_maniac
-----------------------------------------
Ruler of Darkness Lover of Chaos
Jyoti

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 05:00:44 PM »

You have such an amazing grasp on male anatomy. (:  What I thought of first thing when I looked at the latest picture is to have a desolate, "broken" landscape in the background--  as a silhouette, and perhaps layers with a gradation, like how mountains in the distance are often depicted.
fev!
i like chocolate milk
Global Moderator

..huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 08:05:20 PM »

hee, actually, in the end, i went with that, but then was having too much fun while painting it, so i changed things up to a more of an environment that shows a lil more of a journey than anything.. the sky is a huge departure from my usual style, but it was a positive one (i think) that I'ma try to work with more often..

maybe should post finished things lol

Jyoti

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2007, 11:53:27 PM »

I think it was really positive!  The sky looks fantastic.  I think you could either work more sharp edges into the mountains or cut out some detail on them.  They look a bit like the darker clouds, resulting in a sort of blending, and I don't think they recede as much as they should (the ones further back, at any rate).

The colours look really good-- I like the palette, and even though most colours are more subdued, the bits of red give the right mood, I think.
hp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2007, 02:46:16 AM »

ZOMG HAWT~!!!!!!  Shocked

fev!
i like chocolate milk
Global Moderator

..huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 02:45:07 PM »

ah, Jyoti.. yeh, i'm not quite sure which things you're looking at, but i have a feling it might be those mountain looking clouds there in the very far back.. before i do any more prints i'll go and make them look more like clouds instead of a bunch of ethereal mountains XD.. thanks!

---------------------
yar, so this is something that i was working on while at my artists' alley table during Anime Weekend Atlanta a couple weekends ago.. it was really different, because I don't draw in front of people often, and I'm pretty happy i didn't eff it all up.

Was also nice to share some of the process with some folks who never saw digital painting live and had developed beliefs about the stuff being easy..  let folks who were curious try out my Wacom, and shared ideas and tips and stuff with folks who were just starting ^^

It was so successful in fact, that I'm gonna aim to do this more often! T'was fun (and a great way to kill time during the early morning & late evening when things were slow)

hp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2007, 05:15:09 PM »

i agree, if you had something b/w the 2nd and 3rd step that would be my fav! Cheesy

fev!
i like chocolate milk
Global Moderator

..huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 09:58:03 PM »

mahhh.. been doing other works for folks, and doing a lot of organization for the home & business, but this ones had some progress made..

maybe next week it might be done?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: