convention artists community
June 28, 2010, 12:45:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:      A-kon 21 is now over, hope you all had fun Grin
       Leave your feedback on the con here:
https://starcrossd.net/akon/index.php?topic=1190.0

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interviewing Artists for Thesis  (Read 103 times)
minakichan
Quiet Artist

View Profile WWW
Interviewing Artists for Thesis
« on: June 03, 2010, 05:01:51 pm »

Hey there artists,

I'm a university student writing a fan anthropology thesis on anime fan artists-- what they create, how they sample from the original works, how they interact with each other and the industry, etc.  (I'm also a fanartist who's sold at plenty of AAs before.)  I'm hoping to conduct some interviews at the con this year for some of my preliminary fieldwork research, so I'll be roaming around and asking for interviewees.  Would any of you in this forum be willing to help out and provide some insight into why you do what you do?  I can of course keep identities anonymous or credit your contributions as you prefer.  I'm going to go ahead and warn that interviews should take about an hour, depending on how talkative you are-- if it's okay, I'd like to be able to sit with you behind your table and discuss, so that it doesn't take too much of your time and you can continue conducting business.

If you're interested, PM me back or email at .  Also, I'll be walking around dressed a Hong Kong from Hetalia, likely with a blue Chii's Sweet Home tote over my shoulder, so if you spot me and you're interested, feel free to stop me!

Cross-posted to the general A-Kon forum.

Starrydance
Kitten Product Person
Global Moderator
(Evil) Board Overlord

Kupo! Kupo! Kweh!

View Profile WWW
Re: Interviewing Artists for Thesis
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 05:23:28 pm »

Likely almost everyones already at the con/frantically tryin to get ready so dont be surprised if you dont get a lot of replies!

Starrydance - Gwynn Farrington
www.Starrydance.com
www.Starrydance.DeviantArt.com
electriksunshine
Chatty Arist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 06:39:47 pm »

oh yeah, asking right now is probably the worst time...lol.

www.hypergleam.etsy.com
minakichan
Quiet Artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 08:46:16 pm »

I'm actually doing the same, for Art Show.  Just thought I'd put it out there in case anyone's interested =/

electriksunshine
Chatty Arist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 09:27:50 pm »

I'm sure everyone on the boards would be willing to help...after the convention. many of them are already there, or are away from their computers. I would volunteer, but i'm a seamstress, not a 2-d artist.  Undecided

www.hypergleam.etsy.com
Spizzy
NEWSFLASH: I'M MEAN / Snail Products Person
Administrator
(Evil) Board Overlord

UPDATE: STILL MEAN!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 10:19:29 pm »

I accidentally didn't put a redirection post that I moved this topic here, sorry about that!

Chrislea
Talks Too Much

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 12:13:42 am »

Hey, I never saw this topic in the first place.  I'm curious to see how it all turned out.  ^_^
Hastur
Head Cultist - Cult of Cthulhu
Administrator
Sort-of-Evil Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 07:02:07 am »

I'm curious too. 

If you are still wanting to interview people, and if I 'fit' with your idea of the types of people you want to talk to, let me know. 

Either way, I think I can safely say that we all would love to know how it all turned out.

If all of the AA only had but one neck..... (Slight modification of quote from Caligula)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: