convention artists community
December 13, 2010, 12:54:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sales Tax  (Read 843 times)
Hastur
Head Cultist - Cult of Cthulhu
Administrator
Sort-of-Evil Overlord

View Profile WWW
Sales Tax
« on: January 11, 2007, 08:14:11 pm »

The question was raised on another part of the board, so here is the information about how often to file your Texas Sales Taxes:

From the Website http://window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/sales/faq_report.html#report2

Monthly: Taxpayers who collect $500 or more in state sales or use tax in a month must file monthly. Monthly sales and use tax returns are due on or before the 20th day of the month following the month in which the taxes were collected. For example, the July return must be filed on or before August 20th.

Quarterly: Taxpayers who collect less than $500 state sales and use tax per month (or less than $1500 per calendar quarter) may file quarterly. Quarterly sales and use tax returns are due on or before the 20th day of the month after the end of the quarter in which the taxes were collected. For example, the first quarter covers January, February, and March, and the return must be filed on or before April 20th.

Yearly: Taxpayers who collect less than $1,000 in state sales and use tax per year may file yearly. Yearly sales and use tax returns are due on or before January 20th.

If all of the AA only had but one neck..... (Slight modification of quote from Caligula)
Hastur
Head Cultist - Cult of Cthulhu
Administrator
Sort-of-Evil Overlord

View Profile WWW
Re: Sales Tax
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 02:56:04 pm »

Just had a discussion with one of the board members, via IM.  The point she raised was a very good one, so I am posting it so you have the information here.

She had asked if she would have to use her TX Sales Tax number for all sales, even the ones she made on her web site, even though she did not live in TX. 

I explained that no, she didn't.  The only time you have to charge TX sales tax is when you make a sale in TX. 

Just thought I would mention it.

If all of the AA only had but one neck..... (Slight modification of quote from Caligula)
Spizzy
NEWSFLASH: I'M MEAN / Snail Products Person
Administrator
(Evil) Board Overlord

UPDATE: STILL MEAN!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 03:05:33 am »

each city has their own tax, which you can find in the booklet the comptrollers office gave you when you signed up for a tax id in texas. Also, this thread is very old, please take care to look at the dates of a thread before posting in them.

meauho
I am the Great and Powerful OZ
Administrator
Sort-of-Evil Overlord

Grrr Argh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 01:44:52 pm »

Spizzy: That IP goes to the Philippines, and the website in the signature is a spam site.

Joshua A
Those Anime People
Check us on Facebook

or "Like" our Facebook Page
Spizzy
NEWSFLASH: I'M MEAN / Snail Products Person
Administrator
(Evil) Board Overlord

UPDATE: STILL MEAN!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 03:18:50 pm »

how are they learning to post relavent things, srsly?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: